The Fiber Fueled Cookbook was created to help heal gut issues with delicious plant-based recipes. #newdaynw
We all know the benefits of fiber in our diet and the importance of good gut health. But how do we get it into our diet? and make tasty?
In his new book, The Fiber Fueled Cookbook, Dr. Will Bulsiewicz offers delicious plant-based recipes. Plus a targeted plan to overcome food intolerance. He joined the show to talk about the book and share a recipe!
MANGO BURRITO BOWL
Cultivated in India for more than four thousand years, mangoes are deeply rooted in Ayurvedic medicine as they balance all three doshas (or humors) and act as an energizer. In ancient India, princes took pride in their mango gardens, and Ganesh, the elephant-headed Hindi god, is often shown holding a ripe mango. In other words, the mango is celebrated among kings, the divines and u Fiber Fuelers. We’re in good company.
- 1 cup brown rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups diced mango, about 2 mangoes
- ½ cup diced red peppers
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2½ cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- Mash the ground pink peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Load it up! (optional toppings):
- Chopped Red Onion
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Chopped Lettuce
- Sliced radish
- In a small saucepan set over high heat, place the rice with 2 cups of water, the salt, and the paprika. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a boil. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the water is absorbed, 40 to 45 minutes. Turn off heat, let rest 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the mango salsa and season the black beans. In a medium bowl, combine mango, bell pepper, red onion, and jalapeno. Mix with olive oil and season with salt.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the black beans, pink peppercorns, and garlic powder. Toss to combine and season to taste.
- Place equal amounts of rice in four bowls. Garnish with the mango salsa and black beans and any additional loaded toppings.
FF UNLEASHED: If you are not restricting histamine, you can substitute black peppercorns for pink peppercorns.
From “THE FIBER FUELED COOKBOOK: Inspiring Plant-Based Recipes to Turbocharge Your Health” by Will Bulsiewicz, MD, MSCI, Recipes by Alexandra Caspero, RD, published May 17, 2022 by Avery, an imprint of Penguin Publishing Group, a division by Penguin Random House, LLC. Copyright © 2022 Will Bulsiewicz, MD.
New York Times bestselling author Dr. Will Bulsiewicz, offers a groundbreaking cookbook full of delicious plant-based recipes and a targeted plan to overcome food intolerance.
Leading gastroenterologist Dr. Will Bulsiewicz or “Dr. B” introduced readers to the wonders of fiber with the New York Times bestseller “Fiber Fueled” – a guide to optimizing the gut microbiome, boosting immunity, lowering cholesterol and promoting weight loss through a diet rich in fiber is on various fruits, vegetables and nuts, seeds and legumes. Instead of qualification, Dr. B’s solution abundance and diversity. Now he applies all the principles of the Fiber Fueled Diet in a cookbook that is as beautiful as it is practical.
This must-have cookbook will inspire you with highly flavorful, satisfying plant-based recipes that make the Fiber Fueled lifestyle delicious and inviting. But The Fiber Fueled Cookbook is also a revolutionary treatment program for people with food intolerance who are struggling to manage their symptoms. In it, you’ll learn about the GROWTH strategy, a groundbreaking approach that helps readers unravel the root causes of their GI problems and discover real solutions tailored to their unique needs.
Whether you’re already on your plant-based path or looking forward to getting started, the 100+ irresistible recipes in this book, including Lemon Lentil Salad, Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup, Maple Peanut Granola, and Chocolate Cookie Milk, will prepare you to embrace the power of being “Fiber Fueled”!
Segment Producer Suzie Wiley. Watch New Day Northwest at 11am on weekdays KING 5 and live streaming at KING5.com. Contact New Day.
https://www.king5.com/article/entertainment/television/programs/new-day-northwest/fiber-fueled-cookbook-diet-healthy-delicious-plant-based-food/281-ada98a80-f102-4c80-9228-2aa0a1a81201 A fiber fueled diet can be healthy AND delicious