AC Milan eye Hakim Ziyech as Chelsea move for Man City’s Raheem Sterling

The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!

TOP STORY: Milan keen on Chelsea’s Ziyech

AC Milan remain focused on developing an approach for Chelsea Hakim Ziyech despite a new agreement with Junior Messiahto Calciomercato.

That Rossoneri are ready to loan Ziyech out for a fee of around €25m-30m with a commitment to make the move permanent and Chelsea are understood to be ready to let him join the San Siro.

The 29-year-old attacking midfielder made 23 appearances in the Premier League for Thomas Tuchel’s side in the 2021/22 season but after scoring just four goals it looks like the Blues may be making changes for next season want to make their attack.

Sources told ESPN on Wednesday that Chelsea are nearing an agreement on personal terms ahead of a proposed £45million move for the Manchester City winger Raham Sterling. The England international’s upcoming move would make him the highest-paid player at Stamford Bridge and could be offset by Ziyech’s move to Milan.

It is believed that the former Ajax star is keen to join the Serie A champions.

– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access

LIVE BLOG

13.17 CET: Liverpool centre-back Joe Gomez will sign a new long-term deal after telling the club he wants to stay, according to The Times.

Gomez, 25, has been plagued by injury problems since joining Liverpool from Charlton Athletic in 2015. He missed much of the 2020-21 season with a serious knee injury, while last season he played just eight Premier League games when he found himself trailing Virgil van Dijk, Joel Matip and Ibrahima Konate in the pecking order.

But The Times says Gomez, who has two years left on contract, has expressed his desire to stay at Anfield after joining Liverpool for pre-season training and is firmly in manager Jurgen Klopp’s plans.

12.26 CET: Up to seven Atletico Madrid youngsters have approached Real Madrid over a change of sides since the unofficial “non-aggression pact” under which the two clubs agreed for years not to pursue each other’s academy players was reportedly broken this summer too Cadena SER.

Multiple reports suggest that Real Madrid were unhappy with Atletico’s behavior on various issues last season, including approaches to their own academy prospects, and therefore decided to end the unwritten deal.

Madrid have already signed a promising right-back from Atlético Jesus Fortea15, and Cadena SER report that seven other highly rated children are now also considering a similar move.

blank11.37 CET: Manchester United midfielder Andrew Perira is in London to complete his move to Fulham, sources have told ESPN.

The 26-year-old Belgium international was loaned to Brazilian club Flamengo last year but is returning to the Premier League with newly promoted Fulham.

Pereira, who has started just 24 Premier League games in eight years at United, is expected to join Craven Cottage for an initial fee of £8m that could rise to £10m.

10.59 CET: The father of Real Madrid striker Lukas Jovic has called his signing for Fiorentina “the right move” and “an opportunity for all of us to see who’s right and who’s wrong” about the player’s potential, speaking to Serbian outlet Lens.

Jovic is close to completing a free transfer to Fiorentina on a two-year deal, with Madrid entitled to 50% of a future transfer fee if the Serie A club decide to switch him.

The 24-year-old Serbia international has failed to impress in three years at the Bernabeu, scoring just three goals in 36 La Liga games.

10:24 a.m. CET: Axel Witsel has said playing in the Champions League and working with coach Diego Simeone were two reasons behind picking Atletico Madrid as his next club after the veteran midfielder’s one-year deal was confirmed on Wednesday.

Belgium international Witsel, 33, has played for Standard Liège, Benfica, Zenit Saint Petersburg, Tianjin Quanjian and most recently Borussia Dortmund – and represented his country at two World Cups and two European Championships – before moving to LaLiga.

“Atlético is a top club” said Wittel. “I wanted to stay at the top level and also play in the Champions League, that’s why I’m here… [Simeone] is one of the best coaches in the world and I want to work with him. I talked to [Belgium teammate] Yannick [Carrasco], and he told me very good things about the club. I played here with Zenit and it was a great atmosphere.”

09.41 CET: Liverpool are in advanced talks with Nottingham Forest over the defender’s transfer Neko Williamsreports the Daily Telegraph.

Williams, 21, has made 33 appearances for Liverpool since making his first-team debut in 2019. The Wales international spent the second half of last season on loan at Fulham and made 14 appearances in the league as the Londoners rose to the ranks.

He is now set to join another promoted team if the two clubs can agree on a fee. The Telegraph reports Forest are offering around £16m but Liverpool want closer to £20m.

08.49 CET: Newcastle United have their eyes on the Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi after being rebuffed in their approach for Everton Anthony Gordonreports The Sun.

Everton have insisted they are not considering a transfer for Gordon, 21, despite Newcastle’s £35m bid for the youngster, who scored four goals and provided three assists last season when he arrived in the United States first team entered.

Hudson-Odoi is next on Newcastle’s list. The England international has slipped down the pecking order at Chelsea in the last two seasons and the impending arrival of Raheem Sterling means he is likely to be fighting for game time even more.

08.00 CET: FC Bayern Munich does not want to sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United this summer, with CEO Oliver Kahn declaring that a deal for the 37-year-old “would not fit our philosophy”.

Sources have told ESPN that Ronaldo has informed United bosses that he wants to move during the transfer window, citing Bayern, Chelsea and Napoli as potential destinations. But according to Kahn, Bayern won’t make a move for the Portuguese great.

“As much as I rate Cristiano Ronaldo as one of the greats, a transfer would not fit our philosophy,” he told German magazine kicker.

Bayern’s attack has long been led by the high-flyers Robert LewandowskiHowever, the 33-year-old has informed the Bundesliga champions that he wants to leave the Allianz Arena in the summer. Sources have told ESPN that Barcelona made a third offer for Lewandowski worth more than €40m last week. Kahn has publicly insisted the Poland forward is not for sale.

United also insist Ronaldo, who scored 24 goals last season, is not available for a transfer and that new manager Erik ten Hag “wants and expects” him to be part of the squad next season. However, sources have told ESPN that in reality this stance is softer, although they would prefer Ronaldo to move abroad rather than join Premier League rivals Chelsea. He has one year left on his contract at Old Trafford with an option for a further year.

PAPER GOSSIP

– Real Madrid are ready to continue Ferland Mendy, writes Sports. The 27-year-old full-back is reported to be looking for an upgraded contract with a higher salary, although his current contract doesn’t expire until 2025. Meanwhile, the LaLiga side are confident that if he doesn’t like staying at the Santiago Bernabeu they could move him on for a notable fee and they have no plans to award a better deal at the moment.

Daniel Alves was offered a contract with Liga MX club Pumas UNAM, according to ESPN Mexico. Alves, 39, is hoping to contest a final World Cup round with Brazil later this year in Qatar. He became a free agent after his one-year contract with Barcelona expired earlier this summer. A deal between Alves and Pumas is far from over as Brazilian club Athletico-PR are also interested in the defender.

– Paris Saint-Germain held talks with Reims this week to reach an agreement on a fee for Hugo Ekitikwrites the telegraph. The 20-year-old striker has been on Newcastle United’s radar recently but after an impressive season in Ligue 1, in which he contributed to 13 goals in 24 games, it looks like PSG are now at the top of the queue for his signature.

– Everton have no intention of parting ways with him Anthony Gordon this summer, despite interest from some clubs in the Premier League, according to The Athletic. The 21-year-old winger has been linked with both Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United but after Frank Lampard’s side switched Richardson After Tottenham, the latest suggests the Toffees are keen on keeping Gordon.

– Manchester United’s first £51m proposal for Anthony was rejected by Ajax, reveals Goal. The Eredivisie side are reportedly demanding a fee of around £68million if they want to let the 22-year-old Brazil international go, with Alfred Schreuder’s side keen to keep him at Ajax for another season.

– Fulham want to reinforce their defensive line with one move Issa Diop, reports foot Mercato. The Cottagers have reportedly made West Ham United an offer of €15m and they are confident David Moyes’ side are ready to let the 25-year-old centre-back go as the Hammers already have ample cover for the position. Diop made ten starts in the Premier League last season.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4695671/transfer-talk-ac-milan-keen-on-hakim-ziyech-as-chelsea-near-deal-for-manchester-citys-raheem-sterling AC Milan eye Hakim Ziyech as Chelsea move for Man City’s Raheem Sterling

Emma Bowman

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button