The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Arsenal plot new Raphinha bid after agreeing fee for Gabriel Jesus
Arsenal are planning a new approach to Raphinha following a transfer agreement with Manchester City for Gabriel Jesusreports the Express.
The Gunners have targeted the 25-year-old winger for their next move in the summer transfer market after reports Leeds United had rejected a £50million offer on Wednesday.
Talks with the north London side are understood to have continued throughout the week so as not to be reckless for fear of sparking a bidding war amid interest from rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Barcelona.
Raphinha was believed to be a key target for the Blaugrana this summer but after Jesse Marsch’s side avoided relegation, Leeds can now demand a much higher fee than the £25m relegation clause.
He has been a key star since joining Elland Road from Rennes in 2020, contributing to 14 goals in 34 Premier League starts last season.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Chelsea discussed the possibility of signing Cristiano Ronaldo with Jorge Mendes last week, reports the Athletic. New co-owner Todd Boehly is understood to be keen on potentially making him his first signing, although it’s not clear if the 37-year-old Portugal international would be open to a move to Stamford Bridge given his affinity with Manchester United . Ronaldo has just 12 months left on his deal at Old Trafford and has been linked with an exit in recent weeks.
– Paris Saint-Germain are close to a full agreement on a new contract with Xavi Simons, after Fabrizio Romano. The 19-year-old midfielder’s future was uncertain last season as speculation linked Barcelona with his services but now it looks like he has entrusted his future to the Parc des Princes. It is reported that he will sign a new contract before being loaned out to PSV Eindhoven.
– Manchester United are close to a full deal with Barcelona Frenkie deJong, reveals sports. A transfer fee of around €80m is understood to be under discussion with the deal now seen as on track. The Red Devils are confident the deal could be finalized before the end of June but are yet to agree personal terms with the 25-year-old midfielder once an official offer has been accepted.
– Barcelona don’t have any plans to offer Ousmane Dembele improved conditions before his contract expires at the end of the month, writes Goal. Although talks between the Blaugrana and the 25-year-old winger have continued in recent weeks, it looks like he will part ways with the club if he doesn’t accept the package offered to him. Dembele has also been linked with Chelsea but more interest could be sparked once he officially becomes a free agent on June 30.
– Talks between Internazionale and Paris Saint-Germain are set to continue in the coming weeks over the signing of Milan Skriniar, after Calciomercato. The Serie A side are ready to allow the 27-year-old centre-back to move from the San Siro to the Parc des Princes, but only for the right fee. PSG are expected to return soon with an improved offer, with the Nerazzurri looking for an amount in the region of €80m.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4690723/live-transfer-talk-arsenal-boost-efforts-to-sign-raphinha-from-leeds Arsenal boost efforts to sign Raphinha from Leeds