The summer transfer window is closed for the big leagues in Europe. But looking ahead to January, there are a lot of rumors circulating about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Arsenal lead the hunt for Shakhtar winger Mudryk
Shakhtar Donetsk will increase its demands Mikhail Mudryk as Premier League clubs continue to gravitate towards his signature CBS.
The 21-year-old winger has found impressive form in the Champions League this season, scoring two goals and providing two assists in games against RB Leipzig and Celtic respectively. Given his recent game, Igor Jovicevic’s side are aiming for a fee that exceeds the €50m target set by the club during the summer transfer window.
Arsenal are one of the clubs who have been keeping a close eye on the Ukraine international and it’s understood he’s keen to move in January to prove himself in one of Europe’s top leagues. Newcastle United, Sevilla and Bayer Leverkusen are also interested in his services, while Everton
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (US)
08.57 CET: Mauricio Pochettino is in talks with the French club kind replace according to AS head coach Lucien Favre.
Nice is considering a coaching change during the international window as the team, ranked 13th overall, have won just two games and lost four of their first eight league games.
Favre was appointed later this summer Christopher Galtier Links to coaches Paris Saint-Germain.
Pochettino was sacked by PSG in July, just months after guiding the club to the league title. The Argentine joined PSG in January 2021 after a stint at Tottenham Hotspur.
08.29 CET: Benfica striker Goncalo Ramos is shortlisted by Manchester United, says A Bola.
Ramos, 21, has scored eight goals in 12 games this season. The Portugal Under-21 international has been spotted by Newcastle and Bayern Munich but United need to ramp up their punching power from injuries Anthony Martial and Marcus Rasford.
Benfica reportedly want at least €30m transfer fee with the striker having a €120m release clause. He has a contract with Benfica until June 2026.
08.00 CET: Barcelona have announced profits of €98m for the 2021-22 season and predict they will earn another €271m in the current season.
According to Barca, last year’s earnings totaled €1.017 billion, which allowed them to turn a profit for the first time since the pandemic.
The Catalan club expects revenue to rise to €1.255bn this season, largely due to the sale of club assets over the summer.
Last season’s accounts were also boosted by the sale of 10% of the club’s domestic television rights to global investment firm Sixth Street at the end of June.
This deal was valued at over €200 million and was completed just before June 30, the fiscal year-end.
Barca sold another 15% of their LaLiga TV rights to Sixth Street for over €300m in July.
Stewart Robson and Rob Palmer discuss Barcelona’s development after their 3-0 win against Elche.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– As Marco AsensioReal Madrid’s future at the Santiago Bernabeu remains unclear with Barcelona keeping an eye on their situation, Mundo Deportivo report. The 26-year-old winger has slipped out of Carlo Ancelotti’s plans despite hoping for more minutes before the upcoming World Cup in November. Xavi Hernandez’s side could be ready to sign him in January with just six months left on his contract.
– Ethan Ampadu‘s loan to Spezia reportedly does not include a permanent option clause Fabrizio Romano. Ampadu, 22, joined the Serie A club on loan from Chelsea but it looks like the Wales centre-back will return to Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2023, despite talk of a clause that would have allowed him to leave permanently to change for € 15m.
– That reports Calciomercato Robin Gossen meets with interest from clubs in the Bundesliga. The 28-year-old full-back was close to completing a loan move to Bayer Leverkusen before the summer transfer market closed but after Internazionale decided to keep him, the latest evidence suggests they could be ready to land him in January to let go.
– Finally, some manager news, like Fabrizio Romano reports that Italy became world champion Fabio Cannavaro is close to being appointed as Benevento coach from Serie B. The 49-year-old’s name was unveiled as a key candidate after Benevento decided to part ways with Fabio Caserta, and the report adds that the former Ballon d’Or -Winner is very interested in joining the club. The final decision should be made on Tuesday.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4750601/transfer-talk-arsenal-lead-way-in-chase-for-shakhtar-donestk-winger-mykhailo-mudryk Arsenal lead way in chase for Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mykhailo Mudryk