Atletico aim to make room for Man United’s Ronaldo by offloading Griezmann

The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!

TOP STORY: Atlético wants to bring Ronaldo back to Madrid

Atletico Madrid are hoping to make room for the Manchester United striker in their squad Cristiano Ronaldo through movement Anton Griezmann out of the club, according to The Times.

Los Rojiblancos are one of the big European sides who have been consistently linked with interest in signing Ronaldo, who has told United he wants to leave this summer to play in next season’s Champions League. The Mail reported this week that the 37-year-old would be interested in joining Atletico despite spending nine years at arch-rivals Real Madrid.

The Spanish club could free up some funds to fund a deal for Ronaldo by freeing Griezmann from his payroll. The France international is preparing for the second season of a two-year loan from Barcelona, ​​a deal that includes a commitment to make the move permanent for €40m next summer.

While Atletico are trying to move Griezmann, the Mirror report that United could take Ronaldo on a season-long loan to quench his desire for Champions League football in exchange for him extending his contract by a year until 2024.

Ronaldo is yet to join Erik ten Hag’s squad for pre-season training and the Guardian report United will seek clarification on the No 7’s situation this week before making a decision on his future.

LIVE BLOG

10.52 CET: Leicester City have told Newcastle United they won’t let the midfielder out Harvey Barnes Go for less than £50m, reports The Sun.

Barnes, 24, has scored 22 goals and provided 24 assists in 112 Premier League games since making his first-team debut in 2018.

Newcastle are interested in signing the former England international, with Everton’s Anthony Gordon another target as they look to bolster their options in wide attacking roles.

10:00 CET: Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte said Bayern Munich had been “disrespectful” for speaking about the possibility of a signing Harry Kane in the future.

Last summer, Kane tried to force a move to Manchester City, although he remained in north London and scored 17 goals in 37 Premier League games last season as he helped guide Spurs to Champions League qualification.

German newspaper BILD reported on Saturday that Kane’s representatives have been approached by Bayern, with the striker’s team refusing to rule out the possibility of a transfer.

Bayern are without a striker after the departure of longtime striker Robert Lewandowski, who made a move to FC Barcelona on Tuesday.

Following Spurs’ 2-1 preseason win over Rangers on Saturday, in which Kane scored twice, Conte expressed disappointment that Bayern had spoken publicly about his forward.

“I do not know why [Kane is linked with Bayern.] At Tottenham the situation is very clear and Harry is a very important part of the project. I don’t like talking about players from another club. Maybe that’s a bit disrespectful towards the other club,” said Conte.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Abbie Bingham)

– Manchester United want to make an offer to Inter Milan Denzel Dumfries after they unload Aaron Wan-Bissaka, according to Gazetta dello Sport. The 26-year-old followed suit Nerazzurri last summer and has three years left on his contract. The Serie A side have included the defender in negotiations with Chelsea Romelu Lukaku, but the Blues turned down the full-back on loan. The Red Devils are reportedly looking to finance the Netherlands international’s signing by selling Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Although Roma are reportedly interested in the 24-year-old defender, they have yet to submit a formal offer, with Crystal Palace also eyeing a move for the England international.

– Juventus want to separate Adrian Rabiot this summer, and that could include a swap deal with PSG Leandro Parédes, according to Tuttosport. That Bianconeri are reportedly demanding a transfer fee of between £12.7million and £17million for the 27-year-old, who is one of the highest-earning players in the squad. The midfielder, whose current contract has one year left, is tipped for a move to France with Lyon reportedly the main interest. However, the France international could return to PSG after his free transfer in 2019 as the Italian side look to take over Paredes from the Ligue 1 champions.

– Bayern Munich have agreed a £24.3m deal for the teenage Rennes striker Matthew Tel with a five-year contract, reports Sky Sports Germany. The Bundesliga champions had turned down three offers for the 17-year-old before reaching an agreement with the Ligue 1 side. The France Under-17 international will undergo a medical in the coming days and will reportedly join the German club on their pre-season tour of the United States.

– Nice has approached Leicester Kasper Schmeichel after unsuccessful backup Jan summer, according to L’Equipe. The 35-year-old goalkeeper is reportedly interested in a move, but only if he can part ways with the Foxes amicably after 11 years. The Denmark international has just one year left on his contract as the Ligue 1 side look for a replacement Walter Benitez following his free transfer to PSV Eindhoven.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4705315/live-transfer-talk-atletico-aim-to-make-room-for-man-uniteds-ronaldo-by-offloading-griezmann Atletico aim to make room for Man United’s Ronaldo by offloading Griezmann

Emma Bowman

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button