‘Bachelorette’ alum DeMario Jackson declares his innocence

A week after being accused of raping two women, DeMario Jackson has broken his silence.

In an Instagram story published on Wednesday, the former “The Bachelorette” and “Bachelor in Paradise” contestant denied claims that he forced two women into non-consensual sex in 2018 and 2020 and provided his followers with evidence.

“Four years ago, I, DeMario Jackson, walked straight into the Los Angeles Police Department after being falsely accused of raping two white women without an attorney present and the police let me go free,” he wrote . “Here’s why.”

Jackson explained that his Uber receipts “proved when, where and at what time” he was with the two women who accused him of rape – women dubbed Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2 in lawsuits filed last week are listed. The receipts, he said, “proved I was completely up close.”

He said he provided police with “screenshots of the text communication” the day after the two women filed their police reports.

“The authorities have examined all my evidence and without a doubt let me, a six-foot-four-inch black man, leave this precinct because I have done nothing wrong,” he said in his statement Wednesday. “I am innocent, I did not hurt or harm these women.”

Jackson echoed the sentiments shared by his attorney, Walter Mosley, in a statement to The Times last week. Mosley said the allegations made in the lawsuit were “completely baseless.”

“As is clearly reflected in plaintiffs’ own complaint, the police, with whom DeMario fully cooperated over 3 years ago, found the allegations made by these women to be unfounded and then declined to pursue the matter further,” the statement said Moseley’s explanation.

In the lawsuit, Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2 allege that they separately had dates with Jackson that ended in non-consensual sex. The women, who both reported their alleged assaults to UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center’s Rape Treatment Center, said they met Jackson, 35, after his reality TV appearances.

He made his debut on ABC’s The Bachelorette in 2017, followed by Bachelor in Paradise later that year. During his time on the second show, Jackson was accused by a third party of sexual misconduct involving another contestant, Corinne Olympios, who said she was so drunk she couldn’t remember the incident.

After a brief hiatus, this production resumed without Jackson or Olympios – but with new rules on contestant alcohol consumption. Warner Brothers’ Investigation found no wrongdoing.

Doe 1, who was a senior at USC when she met Jackson through a dating app, claimed he offered to drive her back to campus and then “bared his penis” as she was about to get out of the car . He later apologized and the two went on to date.

The lawsuit detailed another incident in 2018 in which Jackson allegedly climbed Doe 1 after telling him she didn’t want to have sex. According to the complaint, doe 1 pushed him away, but he kept trying to mount her.

“On the fourth and final attempt, defendant DeMario Jackson pinned Jane Doe 1 to the bed,” the complaint reads. “[He] Then Jane Doe 1 was violently sexually assaulted by forcibly inserting his unprotected penis into her unlubricated vagina.”

Jane Doe 2 said in the lawsuit that she first met Jackson in 2019 at an Amtrak station in San Diego. Doe 2 was a fan of the “Bachelor” franchise and messaged Jackson on Instagram. The Bachelor in Paradise contestant asked her out in July 2020 and asked her to come to his house, the lawsuit said.

Doe 2 told The Times last week that she wanted to leave Jackson’s house but he kissed her and they moved into his bedroom. She said she told the reality star she couldn’t have sex because she was menstruating. Jackson, who reportedly “wanted to have sex non-stop,” instead requested sodomy, the suit claimed. Doe 2 agreed, but soon asked him to stop because she felt “uncomfortable.”

The complaint said Jackson then forced his penis into Doe 2’s mouth. She told the Times that despite her refusal, he was subsequently forced into vaginal intercourse. Doe 2 repelled Jackson, according to the lawsuit, but he asked her to try anal sex again.

Doe 2, who was bleeding after her interaction with Jackson, also went to UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center’s Rape Treatment Center. A July 8, 2020 medical facility report provided to The Times lists Doe 2’s diagnosis as an “assault by other physical violence.”

Jackson said in his statement that his reputation was “stained beyond measure” and that he was taking steps to clear his name.

“The criminal case (the district attorney acquitted me) is about my liberty and the civil case is about my money. I will defend myself,” he said. “Thank you for all the love and support.”

Amy Kaufman, senior entertainment writer for The Times, and James Queally, staff writer, contributed to this report.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2022-09-28/bachelor-in-paradise-demario-jackson-speaks-out-rape-case ‘Bachelorette’ alum DeMario Jackson declares his innocence

Sarah Ridley

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button