The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Harry Kane speaks in talks with Bayern Munich who need to replace Robert Lewandowski
Bayern Munich have spoken Harry Kane‘s representative on a possible move to the club. That’s according to BILD, which reports that the England captain’s camp haven’t given a clear no to a move to Germany, opening up the possibility of a move.
It comes as a replacement attempt by the Bavarian team Robert Lewandowski, who left the club for FC Barcelona this summer. The 33-year-old scored 344 goals in 375 appearances in his eight years.
While Bayern signed sadio mane from Liverpool they may lack the presence left by the void of someone like Lewandowski. Tottenham striker Kane has been touted as an option due to his experience running a line and goalscoring qualities that could replace the Poland international.
The 28-year-old has two years left on his contract after a failed move to Manchester City last summer. However, talks are said to be planned over a new deal that could see him stay longer in north London.
With 247 goals in 385 games for Spurs, the number 9 has been crucial to their side in recent seasons. With his deal nearing the end, it remains to be seen if a new horizon could be on the horizon for Kane.
– ESPN+ Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
09.51 CET: Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has admitted he is “a little bit” upset with Barcelona for handling the defender’s pursuit Cesar Azpilicueta.
The 32-year-old Chelsea captain has one year left on his contract at Stamford Bridge but wants to move to the Camp Nou this summer.
However, Tuchel doesn’t believe Barca are offering Chelsea what the Spain international is worth, leading to the protracted issue as the new season approaches.
When asked by reporters on Friday whether the saga annoyed him, Tuchel replied: “Maybe a little.”
When asked about Azpilicueta’s future, he added: “It’s a tough question because I’m not sure if I want to give Azpi what he wants. Eventually it’s about what we want. I only have the comparison hired how much we fought.” [Kalidou] Koulibaly, who is international and about the same age.
“He’s a hugely important player for Napoli, but we have a Spain international who’s captain at Chelsea. I might see him at the same level, but Barcelona don’t see him at that level. So I’m not sure I That wants.” Give him what he wants because he’s a big player.
“We don’t think about other clubs that much. The focus is on us and what we need. I told him that and I’m telling you that I understand it on a personal and professional level. But I’m not just there .” this role to give him what he wants. I am a Chelsea manager who wants to do what is best for Chelsea. He doesn’t like it, but he gets it. It’s tough for him because the other club is constantly sitting on him. On September 1st, when things calm down, he can play at the highest level.”
09.00 CET: Ajax manager Alfred Schreuder has shared this winger with ESPN Anthony will remain at the club this summer despite interest from Manchester United.
Antony has been linked with a reunion with his former Ajax manager Erik ten Hag at Old Trafford but a deal between the two clubs never materialized.
Speaking to ESPN Netherlands on Friday, Schreuder said it was unlikely the 22-year-old would leave the Dutch champions.
“I really think he will stay,” said Schreuder. “Of course we have now sold a lot of players. That hasn’t happened in recent years.
“We’ve also bought players. But we’ve sold so many players that I assume no one will leave.”
When asked if he had agreed on a date for players to leave, he replied: “No, we didn’t discuss that. But we talk to each other every day.
“I assume that no one is leaving. If we sell another key player it would not be good for us.”
– Cesar AzpilicuetaHis move to Barcelona has been in the works for some time but Sport say the Spaniard’s move to the Nou-Camp is ‘imminent’. It states that the 32-year-old has already agreed on personal terms and that the two clubs are about to agree on a fee of around 5 million euros plus surcharges.
– Another exit could also come from Chelsea soon — Heaven Germany say that Thomas Tuchel is looking for a move to the striker Timo Werner this window. The 26-year-old made just 21 Premier League appearances last season, scoring four goals and continuing his tough streak since the around £50million transfer in 2020.
– Staying on the subject of Barcelona and Chelsea, it seems the Blues managed to beat the Blaugrana by signing the Sevilla defender Jules Kounde. This has led to the LaLiga side opting for an alternative, with Mundo Deportivo saying it is Athletic Bilbao’s Inigo Martinez. There was reportedly contact between the presidents of the two teams and with the player only having a year left on his contract he was able to make the move.
– Arsenal have offered the winger and academy graduate a new long-term contract Bukayo Saka, according to the Daily Mail. The 20-year-old has impressed at the club since his breakthrough and has reportedly attracted interest from Liverpool and Manchester City with just two years left on his contract. However, the Gunners hope to tie him to a longer one, deflecting interest while increasing his salary to match his current status in the squad.
– Brighton and Atalanta have expressed interest in Arsenal left-back Nuno Tavaresreported Fabrizio Romano. The 22-year-old joined the Gunners last summer but struggled when he was called up Kieran Tierney‘s absence. The latest addition of Oleksandr Zinchenko has prompted a possible loan move with Atalanta reportedly leading the race.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4705050/live-transfer-talk-bayern-munich-approach-harry-kane-about-leaving-tottenhamand-the-striker-hasnt-declined Bayern Munich approach Harry Kane about leaving Tottenham, and the striker hasn’t declined