The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Bavaria eyes Leipzig’s Laimer
FC Bayern Munich is confident that it can continue to pursue the commitment Matthijs de Ligt by signing the midfielder from RB Leipzig Konrad Leimercorresponding Fabrizio Romanoindicating that a new offer is expected soon.
Having started talks two months ago, an agreement has already been reached on a personal level, with the move getting closer Leon Goretzka will miss the first two months of the season to recover from knee surgery.
Romano previously reported that Laimer is also being scouted by Premier League clubs. His contract with Leipzig expires in 2023.
Both Laimer and Bayern coach Julian Nagelsmann know each other from their time together in Leipzig, where the Austrian midfielder has been working since 2017.
Should Laimer join FC Bayern, it would continue the recent trend of Leipzig players moving to their Bundesliga rivals, such as Bayern Munich Joshua Kimmich, Dayot Upamecanoand Marcel Sabitzer.
Bayern have been busy signing De Ligt (Juventus) this summer. sadio mane (Liverpool) and both Noussair Mazraoui and Ryan Gravenberch from Ajax. This was also confirmed by the German side on Tuesday Robert Lewandowski had finally made his move to Barcelona official.
– ESPN+ Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
08.00 CET: As mentioned above, Barcelona announced the signing late on Tuesday Robert Lewandowski from Bayern Munich, becoming the LaLiga club’s fifth signing this summer.
Bayern President Herbert Hainer confirmed on Saturday that the clubs had verbally agreed on the transfer of the 33-year-old striker, but the change has now been completed.
Lewandowski will sign a four-year deal with a €500m release clause, Barcelona have announced in a statement. He had 12 months left on his Bayern contract and joined Barcelona for €45m with a possible €5m in surcharges, the 26-time Spanish champions confirmed.
The Poland international joined his new team-mates on Monday for Barca’s pre-season tour of the United States ahead of Tuesday night’s friendly against Major League Soccer’s Inter Miami.
Lewandowski has twice won the Golden Boot as Europe’s top scorer and was runner-up for the 2021 Ballon d’Or. He joins Pablo Torre, Franck Kessie, Andreas Christensen and Raphinha as newcomers as Barcelona look to build a squad to under coach Xavi Hernandez to compete for LaLiga and the Champions League.
– How Barca’s Lewandowski trumped Ronaldo and Messi at Bayern
– Internazionale could still lose Milan Skriniar to Paris Saint-Germain after allegedly being beaten in the signing of the Torino defender Bremen by Juventus according to Calciomercato. Inter still insist the Slovakia international won’t join PSG unless he is handed between €60m and €65m with surcharges. With top target Bremer set to join their Serie A rivals, Skriniar’s departure would put Inter in a precarious position.
– Barcelona and Chelsea are in direct talks about it Cesar Azpilicuetareported Fabrizio Romanowho adds that the Blaugrana try to speed up the negotiations. Azpilicueta is waiting for the two clubs to reach an agreement as Barcelona have been holding an offer for the defender for months that would keep him with them until 2024.
– As well as reaffirming the links between Napoli and the Fenerbahce centre-back Kim MinjaeLa Gazzetta dello Sport suggested it Gli Azzurri aim to bring in Hellas Verona Giovanni Simone and Cagliari Nahitan Nandez. These moves would most likely happen if Andrea Petagna‘s move to Monza comes about and Fabian Ruiz leaves Naples.
– Unconvinced at first, Ajax left-back Nicholas Tagliafico is now close to a move to Lyon, as reported by L’Equipe. The Argentine is expected to sign a three-year deal with the Ligue 1 side by the end of the week.
– Salernitana has focused on Hertha Berlin Krzysztof Piatek They are keen to sign a striker, as reported by Sky Sports Italia, who add that Fiorentina have decided not to sign the Pole permanently after his loan. Other names associated with Salernitana are Villarreal Boulaye DiaSamdorias Federico Bonazzoli and International Andrea Pinamonti.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4703649/live-transfer-talk-bayern-munichs-have-rb-leipzigs-konrad-laimer-on-radar Bayern Munich’s have RB Leipzig’s Konrad Laimer on radar