The January transfer window may be closed across Europe, but teams are looking towards the summer and rumors abound. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Bayern still keen on Kane despite Choupo-moting deal
Bayern Munich are keen to sign Tottenham Hotspur Harry Kane despite giving Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting according to Sport Bild a contract extension until 2024.
The Bundesliga giants have long been linked with the England captain, who is now Spurs’ all-time leading scorer, and the 29-year-old is still the player they most want to lead at the top.
Still, a move this summer is unlikely given Kane’s €90m valuation and Spurs being widely regarded as a difficult club to negotiate.
Choupo-Moting’s contract extension takes the pressure off this summer and the 33-year-old’s annual salary of 10 million euros shows that the national player from Cameroon is no longer seen as a substitute.
Against this background, Bayern are looking at Kane’s contract expiring in the summer of 2024 and want to convince the striker to sign as a free agent.
That might not be an easy task, however, as Spurs are keen to renew Kane’s contract and various top English clubs are scrambling to sign him.
– Liverpool are interested in signing the 21-year-old RB Leipzig centre-back Josko Gvardiol, according to Football Insider. The Reds are likely to face stiff competition from big European clubs, however, as the Croatia international is heavily linked with a move from Leipzig despite signing a new five-year deal in September 2022.
– Napoli, AS Roma, Real Betis and Eintracht Frankfurt are the four sides most interested in a summer move for Lyon midfielder Houssem Auar, according to foot Mercato. The 24-year-old will be a free agent once his contract expires at the end of the season and he will await how interested clubs finish the season before making a decision on his future.
– Juventus can refuse the option Leandro Parédes‘Paris Saint-Germain Loan Exchange Loud Ekrem Konur. Juve could try to replace the Argentine with Atalanta’s midfielder Teun Koopmeinerswhile Internazionale and Roma are also watching the 25-year-old’s situation.
– Barcelona’s current stance is that they won’t accept offers for the 26-year-old midfielder Frank Kessy, as reported by Diario Sport. The Ivory Coast international has impressed since the World Cup break as Barca were unable to sign players due to financial fair play implications. A significant offer could potentially change their minds as Tottenham Hotspur and AC Milan showed interest in January.
– Arsenal are expected to be open to summer deals Kieran Tierney, according to Football Insider, who add that Newcastle United are interested in the 25-year-old left-back. The Gunners are hoping to spend big in the summer – with West Ham United Declan Rice a priority as they aim to strengthen in midfield – so fringe players could be sacked.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4891451/transfer-talk-bayern-still-keen-on-tottenhams-kane-despite-new-choupo-moting-deal Bayern still keen on Tottenham’s Harry Kane