The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Bayern improve De Ligt’s offer
Bayern Munich are expected to make a second offer for the Juventus centre-back Matthijs de Ligt but must be unloaded Robert Lewandowski first to Calciomercato.
The Serie A giants have made clear their demands of €90m between the initial fixed fee and any surcharges for the Netherlands international.
Bayern had initially brought in €60m plus €10m in surcharges which was turned down but are keen to land the 22-year-old so it will be back soon.
It is suspected that the Bundesliga champions’ next proposal will come close to Juventus’ original demands. The report also states that De Ligt has made up his mind and wants to join Bayern and has agreed a multi-year deal with the club worth €10m per season.
Regarding Lewandowski, Barcelona had rejected an initial offer of €40m plus €5m from Bayern, while Paris Saint-Germain have now stepped in and have shown their willingness to part with €50m.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
– Fabrizio Romano has reported that Levi Colwill will leave Chelsea permanently this summer. This development comes as sources told ESPN that Chelsea are getting closer to the €40m transfer for the Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, while continuing to pursue a deal with Manchester City Nathan Ake. Sources have also added that Chelsea have started talks with PSG about a move Presnel Kimpembe.
– Napoli are looking to sign free agents Paulo Dybala as they aim to soften the blow of losing Lorenzo Insignia, reports Calciomercato. AS Roma also want Dybala to come in and see him working well behind Tammy Abrahambut are yet to make an offer, while Internazionale has lowered its interest due to outsourcing difficulties Alexis Sanchez.
– Sky Sports Italia have named the two players Napoli are looking to replace the aforementioned Koulibaly with Brighton & Hove Albion Leo Skiri Ostigard already ready to join Serie A. It will be between Fenerbahces Kim Min Jae and Lazio Francesco Acerbiwith Napoli only wanting to sign one of the interested parties.
– West Ham United have made a €40m offer for Sassuolo Gianluca Scamacca, reports La Gazzetta dello Sport, adding that this is €5m more than PSG have offered so far. The Serie A side are hoping for €45m and Scamacca is intrigued by PSG for the opportunity to play alongside some of the best footballers in the world, although he is also interested in the prospect of playing in the Premier League in London.
– Rear right lens Jonathan Klaus wants to move to Marseille this summer, as reported by L’Equipe. Marseille had already turned down an offer of €5m plus €1m in surcharges for the France international but he wants the move to go ahead.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4700213/transfer-talk-bayerns-move-for-juves-matthijs-de-ligt-hinges-on-robert-lewandowskis-barcelona-saga Bayern’s move for Juve’s Matthijs de Ligt hinges on Robert Lewandowski’s Barcelona saga