If you or someone you know has a peanut allergy, you’ll want to know about this recall involving belVita breakfast bread.
WASHINGTON — Two belVita breakfast sandwiches are being recalled because they may contain undeclared peanuts, the company said.
To date there have been three reports of people who may be allergic to cookies, Mondelēz Global LLC said in the recall notice.
According to the company, it became aware of the issue during an internal production inspection and discovered the possibility of peanut protein residue on the line used to manufacture the product.
The recall affects only BelVita Breakfast Sandwich Dark Chocolate Creme and Cinnamon Brown Sugar with Vanilla Creme. The recall cookies include a “best when used first” date before February 26, 2024.
According to the company, no other belVita products are affected.
BelVita Breakfast Sandwich, Dark Chocolate Creme products recalled
- 8.8 oz carton with retail UPC 0 44000 04328 5
- Barrel 14.08 oz. Retail UPC: 0 44000 05723 7
- Barrel 14.08 oz. Retail UPC: 0 44000 06330 6
- Box of 1 lb 5.12 oz. Retail UPC: 0 44000 05861 6
- 2 lb 12 oz barrel. Retail UPC: 0 44000 04602 6
- 1.76 oz bag. Retail UPC: 0 44000 04070 3
Recall of BelVita Breakfast Bread, Cinnamon Brown Sugar with Vanilla Ice Cream
- 8.8 oz barrel. Retail UPC: 0 44000 06304 7
- 1.76 oz bag. Retail UPC: 0 44000 06370 2
The company said people with peanut allergies should not eat the recalled products. Consumers can call 1-855-535-5948 for more information about the recall and can speak to consumer relations specialists Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST afternoon.