1. The Twilight World by Werner Herzog (Pinguin: $25) The filmmaker’s first novel tells the story of a Japanese soldier who fought on for 29 years after the end of World War II.
2. Two nights in Lisbon by Chris Pavone (MCD: $28) While accompanying her husband on a business trip, a woman is left alone to solve the mystery of his disappearance.
3. horse by Geraldine Brooks (Viking: $28) Before the Civil War, an enslaved groom, a racehorse and an artist begin a complex story that spans generations.
4. Cult Classic by Sloane Crosley (MCD: $27) A present and past relationship novel by the author of I Was Told There’d Be Cake.
5. Time is a mother by Ocean Vuong (Penguin: $24) A collection of poems by the author of On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous.
6. Sparring partner by John Grisham (Doubleday: $29) A collection of legal novellas.
7. The Hotel Nantucket by Elin Hilderbrand (Little, Brown: $29) A woman tries to restore a rundown seaside hotel to its Golden Age glory.
8. The candy house by Jennifer Egan (Scribner: $28) A tech CEO is developing technology to store, access and share the brain’s memories externally.
9. Lessons in chemistry by Bonnie Garmus (Doubleday: $29) In the 1960s, a chemist becomes a single mother, then a celebrity chef.
10. Tomorrow at this time by Emma Straub (Riverhead: $28) A woman turning 40 and feeling something is missing in her life awakens to her teenage self in 1996.
1. Happy-Go-Lucky by David Sedaris (Little, Brown: $29) The humorist shares his experiences dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Crying at H Mart by Michelle Zauner (Button: $27) A memoir by the Korean-born singer-songwriter of the band Japanese Breakfast.
3. Rough draft by Katy Tur (Atria/One: $28) A memoir by the MSNBC host, daughter of two prominent Southern California television journalists.
4. Get out of my head by M. Andrew McConnell (Matt Holt: $25) The tech CEO brings a guide to applying stoic wisdom to the modern world.
5. Atlas of the Heart by Brené Brown (Random House: $30) A look at human emotions and experiences and the language we use to understand them.
6. Bad Mexicans by Kelly Lytle Hernández (Norton: $30) The Los Angeles-based historian tells the story of rebels who instigated the 1910 Mexican Revolution from the United States.
7. River of the Gods by Candice Millard (Doubleday: $33) The story of the controversial attempt by two Englishmen, aided by an Indian guide, to locate the source of the Nile.
8. I would like to play alone, please by Tom Segura (Grand Central: $29) Stories from the Baby Boomer stand-up comic.
9. Taste by Stanley Tucci (gallery: $28) The actor unveils his life through stories of memorable meals and favorite foods.
10. Kill the killers by Bill O’Reilly, Martin Dugard (St. Martin’s: $30) The latest installment in the Killing series explores the war on terror.
Fiction in Paperback
1. Book lover by Emily Henry (Berkley: $17)
2. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Washington Square: $17)
3. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (Ecco: $17)
4. Beautiful world, where are you by Sally Rooney (Picador: $18)
5th circle by Madeline Miller (Back Bay: $17)
6. Where the crayfish sing by Delia Owens (Putnam: $18)
7. It ends with us by Colleen Hoover (Atria: $17)
8. Pachinko by Min Jin Lee (Grand Central: $18)
9. The personal librarian by Marie Benedict, Victoria Christopher Murray (Berkley: $17)
10. Read the beach by Emily Henry (Berkley: $16)
Non-fiction book in paperback
1. The four agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (Amber Allen: $13)
2. Everything now by Rosecrans Baldwin (Picador: $18)
3. The body keeps the score by Bessel van der Kolk (Penguin: $19)
4. All about love by Bell Hooks (Tomorrow: $16)
5. The Bomber Mafia by Malcolm Gladwell (Back Bay: $19)
6. A dip in a pond in the rain by George Saunders (Random House: $19)
7. Desert Oracle by Ken Layne (Picador: $18)
8. Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer (Anchor: $19)
9. Braid sweet grass by Robin Wall Kimmerer (Milkweed: $20)
10. The shop stewards by Margalit Fox (Random House: $19)
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/books/story/2022-06-22/bestsellers-list-sunday-june-26 Bestsellers List Sunday, June 26