PRINCE Andrew may have lied about his enduring friendship with billionaire sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, as bombastic emails claimed they were in regular contact.
Newly released court documents allegedly show the Duke of York is working and plotting with Epstein, despite telling Emily Maitlis he cut all contact in 2010.
The new documents cast doubt on Prince Andrew’s previous assurances that he broke ties with Epstein after he was convicted of soliciting and producing an underage girl into prostitution in 2008.
It is not known if Epstein lied in the email and touted the prince’s name without his knowledge.
The 63-year-old Duke told Emily Maitlis during his Newsnight interview on the 2019 car crash that he only met the pedophile once in December 2010 after his conviction.
The king claimed that their dubious meeting in New York was to “show leadership” and personally end their relationship, explaining he only stayed at his mansion because it was “convenient”.
He confirmed to the former BBC presenter that he had had “no contact” with the disgraced financier after his sentencing other than that meeting.
However, the new emails released as part of the US Virgin Islands civil suit against JP Morgan contradict his claim, reports The Telegraph.
They paint a damning picture that suggests the disgraced Duke never severed ties with the convicted sex offender and their relationship lasted throughout 2010 and beyond.
Epstein wrote to the Duke on April 15, 2010: “Jes Staley will be in London on Thursday the 22nd. I think you should meet up when you’re in town.”
The email relates to former JP Morgan boss Jes Staley and seems to indicate that Prince Andrew acted as an intermediary between the bank boss and Epstein.
Epstein wrote to Staley on Aug. 29, “Andrew will call Tim if you give me the numbers.”
On September 2, he sent him another email saying, “I’m about to get in touch with Andrew.”
On February 28, 2011, months after Andrew claimed all contact with him had been severed, the pedophile wrote: “Andrew asked about your London schedule.”
Another email reveals they spoke in the days before the Duke was photographed at their supposedly final meeting at Epstein’s Manhattan mansion
During the infamous Newsnight interview, the disgraced king told Maitlis: “I have cut off all contact with her [Epstein] after I found out he was under investigation and that was later in 2006 and I didn’t have contact with him again until 2010.
When she asked him if there had been contact, he again replied, “No contact.”
Maitlis added, “Have you seen or spoken to him again?” Andrew said, “No.”
According to new court documents, the Duke also met with the pedophile while he was under house arrest at his Florida home in June 2010.
An email Epstein sent to a banker on June 14 said, “Andrew was sitting next to me at dinner.”
Florida police began investigating Epstein in 2006 before he was jailed for recruiting a minor into prostitution.
Epstein was 66 when he was found dead in a Manhattan jail in August 2019, where he was awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.
He had pleaded not guilty to charges of sexually abusing dozens of girls, some as young as 14.
Prince Andrew has always denied any wrongdoing in the Epstein scandal, but last year he settled a civil case of sexual assault.
The settlement spared him a humiliating court battle with Virginia Giuffre over allegations that he raped and abused her when she was 17.
Prince Andrew’s representatives have been reached for comment.
In the ongoing civil case, JP Morgan argued that it was the US Virgin Islands and not the bank that enabled Epstein to commit his crimes.
Lawyers for the bank said the Virgin Islands government was complicit in allowing senior officials to be bought by Epstein and working with him while “profiting from his wealth.”
They wrote: “He gave them money, advice, influence and favors. In return, they protected him and even rewarded him.”
The attorneys said officials from the islands “protected Epstein and created the perfect conditions for Epstein’s criminal conduct to continue undetected.”
A woman named Jane Doe has also filed a lawsuit against JP Morgan and Deutsche Bank – alleging that both institutions ignored Epstein’s operation in exchange for him providing them with wealthy clients.