The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Ronaldo to Dortmund?
Cristiano Ronaldo is pushing for a move from Manchester United to Borussia Dortmund, according to Bild.
With the remainder of the transfer window drawing to a close, the 37-year-old forward has informed his agent Jorge Mendes to bring him to the Bundesliga club, who can offer him Champions League football this season.
Despite Ronaldo calling speculation about his possible departure “lies”, it seems the Portuguese star is set to leave Old Trafford this summer.
The ex-Real Madrid and Juventus star is reported to see Dortmund as one of his last options with a goal of becoming the first player in history to win a domestic title in each of Europe’s four major leagues.
Dortmund, who are currently in contact with Ronaldo’s representatives, are considering making an official proposal to the Red Devils, with BVB manager Edin Terzic eyeing another striker for their squad.
The club recently signed Anton Modest following from Cologne Sebastian Haller‘s diagnosis of a testicular tumor which will cause him to sit out for several months.
– ESPN+ Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
– Barcelona continue their search for a right-back with interest Achraf Hakimireveals El Chiringuito TV. That Blaugrana Hierarchy have been looking for an alternative signing after missing out on Chelsea Cesar Azpilicuetaand the 23-year-old Paris Saint-Germain star has now been identified as the ideal candidate, having already gained La Liga experience during his time at Real Madrid.
– Asmir Begovic has been identified as a possible option for Manchester United as a backup goalkeeper, the Telegraph reports. United have been on the lookout for that Dean Henderson left Old Trafford to join Nottingham Forest and the 35-year-old Everton goalkeeper is reportedly at the top of the list.
– Marseille is interested in acquiring it Ruslan Malinovskycorresponding Fabrizio Romano. The French club have their eye on the 29-year-old Atalanta attacking midfielder and it is reported that Cengiz Under could be involved in a player swap deal. The Ukraine international is interested in leaving Serie A for a new challenge.
– With sources telling ESPN so Casemiro considers a move to Manchester United Bruno Guimaraes has been identified as his potential replacement, according to AS. The 24-year-old midfielder is believed to be an ideal candidate for Real Madrid but joined Newcastle United in January from Lyon for a fee of £40million. In addition, his contract does not expire until the summer of 2026.
– Memphis DepayThe potential move to Juventus could continue like this Bianconeri Attempt to advance the negotiations by voiding some of the remaining bonuses from their previous contract with Barcelona Miralem Pjanic, writes Calciomercato. Massimiliano Allegri’s side have already personally agreed a two-year deal worth €6m per season with the 28-year-old Dutch international.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4724846/transfer-talk-borussia-dortmund-to-make-move-for-manchester-uniteds-cristiano-ronado Borussia Dortmund to make move for Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronado?