The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Change Cristiano Ronaldo to Dortmund?
Cristiano Ronaldo is pushing for a move from Manchester United to Borussia Dortmund, according to Bild.
With the remainder of the transfer window drawing to a close, the 37-year-old forward has informed his agent Jorge Mendes to bring him to the Bundesliga club, who can offer him Champions League football this season.
Despite Ronaldo calling speculation about his possible departure “lies”, it seems the Portuguese star is set to leave Old Trafford this summer. The ex-Real Madrid and Juventus star is reported to see Dortmund as one of his last options with a goal of becoming the first player in history to win a domestic title in each of Europe’s four major leagues.
Dortmund, who are currently in contact with Ronaldo’s representatives, are considering making an official proposal to the Red Devils, with BVB manager Edin Terzic to keep an eye on another striker Erling Haland‘s €60m move to Manchester City.
The club recently signed Anton Modest following from Cologne Sebastian Haller‘s diagnosis of a testicular tumor which will cause him to sit out for several months.
– ESPN+ Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
08.44 CET: The head of the Danish Players’ Association Michael Sahl Hansen has slammed Barcelona’s treatment of his compatriot Martin Braithwaite as “shameful” and “unreasonable”.
Braithwaite, 31, is under contract at Barca until June 2024 but the Catalan club are keen to sack the forward this summer and he has not been included in the squad for his summer tour.
“The treatment Martin is receiving is completely unreasonable,” said Sahl Hansen. “Something that’s probably somewhere between bullying and harassment. It’s shameful how Barcelona are trying to force him out of his contract, out of his job, decency?”
Sahl Hansen added that Braithwaite had his full support.
“Legally there is nothing we can do to help Martin,” he said. “Barcelona have not broken any legal rules. The moral ones are another matter. Regardless, Martin has our full support.”
“Contract is contract. And FC Barcelona and Martin have committed themselves for two more years. Martin has to continue to fulfill his part of the agreement. And FC Barcelona too. And by the way, it would suit one of the world.” biggest clubs to treat their players with more respect.”
08.19 CET: The Athletic report that Chelsea are ready to send a defender Trevo Chalobah borrowed.
Chalobah, 23, was left out of Chelsea’s first two games of the 2022-23 season and wants to leave for more playing time.
There is interest from some Premier League and Serie A clubs but Chelsea don’t want him on a permanent deal.
08:00 CET: Casemiro is considering whether to accept an offer to join Manchester United or continue his career at Real Madrid, sources told ESPN.
The Brazilian midfielder wants to make a decision before the end of the week. Sources have told ESPN that a meeting between Casemiro’s entourage and Real Madrid took place on Wednesday night a transfer fee of €60m plus €10m in surcharges and a four-year deal on the table.
Casemiro, 30, will also speak to Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti to find out more about the role he would play once he arrived at the team Aurelien Tshouameni. The former Monaco midfielder started in front of Casemiro in Madrid’s La Liga opener of the season against Almeria on Sunday.
According to sources, Ancelotti wants Casemiro to stay at the Bernabeu but accepts every decision made by the club and the player.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Barcelona continue their search for a right-back with interest Achraf Hakimireveals El Chiringuito. That Blaugrana Hierarchy have been looking for an alternative signing after missing out on Chelsea Cesar Azpilicueta, and the 23-year-old Paris Saint-Germain star has now been identified as the ideal candidate, having already gained LaLiga experience while at Real Madrid. However, as one of the best defenders in the world, he could cost over €80m.
– Asmir Begovic has been identified as a possible option for Manchester United as a backup goalkeeper, the Telegraph reports. United have been on the lookout for that Dean Henderson left Old Trafford to join Nottingham Forest on loan and the 35-year-old Everton goalkeeper is reportedly at the top of the list.
– Marseille is interested in acquiring it Ruslan Malinovskycorresponding Fabrizio Romano. The French club have their eye on the 29-year-old Atalanta attacking midfielder and it’s been reported Cengiz under could be involved as part of a player swap deal. The Ukraine international is interested in leaving Serie A for a new challenge.
– With sources telling ESPN so Casemiro considers a move to Manchester United Bruno Guimaraes has been identified as his potential replacement at Real Madrid, according to AS. The 24-year-old midfielder is believed to be an ideal candidate for Madrid but joined Newcastle United in January from Lyon for a fee of £40million. In addition, his contract does not expire until the summer of 2026.
– Memphis DepayThe potential move to Juventus could continue like this Bianconeri Attempt to advance the negotiations by voiding some of the remaining bonuses from their previous contract with Barcelona Miralem Pjanic, writes Calciomercato. Massimiliano Allegri’s side have already personally agreed a two-year deal worth €6m per season with the 28-year-old Dutch international.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4724846/live-transfer-talk-borussia-dortmund-to-make-move-for-manchester-uniteds-cristiano-ronaldo Borussia Dortmund to make move for Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo?