Starting to get fed up with this rainy British summer?
You’re not alone — according to travel agencies, last-minute trips to sunnier destinations have nearly quadrupled in the last month.
Luckily, tour operators are releasing more and more offers to escape somewhere warmer, and deals start from £356 per person.
The best offers come from holiday giants like Jet2holidays, TUI and loveholidays.
There are also options for different budgets – with self-catering, room-only stays, half-board and all-inclusive stays.
A Jet2 representative told the BBC that the weather has made their customers’ travel plans more flexible: “More people are looking to just get away and trade the British weather for some sunshine this summer, whatever the destination.”
However, Brits don’t usually have to travel far to enjoy sandy beaches and sunny days, as there are plenty of options in Spain, Greece and Turkey.
And according to TUI, “sometimes you get the best price when you book last minute.”
For example, seven nights in Fuerteventura, Spain will cost you from £356 pp.
The offer includes your return airfare and self-catering stay at Castillo Beach Apartments.
Most read on beach vacation
Another great deal we found is week-long stays at the Vivian Hotel in Zante, Greece from £353 pp.
Here are the best deals we’ve found for beating the rain:
- 7 Nights at Laguna Park II Apartments in Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain – from £440 pp
- 7 Nights at Las Piramides Resort in Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain – from £394 pp
- 7 Nights at Apartamentos Los Mocanes in Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria, Spain – from £447 pp
All Inclusive stays
- 7 Nights at Aes Club Hotel in Ovacik, Dalaman Region, Türkiye – from £621 pp
- 7 Nights at Garden Nevis in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria – from £623 pp
- 7 Nights at Rimondi Grand Resort & Spa Hotel Rethymnon, Crete, Greek Islands – from £627 pp
- 7 Nights at Aparthotel Las Piramides Playa De Las Americas, Tenerife – from £699 pp
- 7 Nights at Palia Tropico Playa Palma Nova, Mallorca – from £699 pp
- 7 Nights at Aktinia Hotel Sunny Beach, Bulgaria – from £699 pp
For more beach holidays we’ve found stays in Benidorm from £240pp and you can even buy beers there for 88p.
We’ve also found the best early fall short-haul travel deals.
And if you don’t mind traveling further, the exotic Cape Verde Islands offer high temperatures of 30°C, cheap hotels and surprisingly short flights.