The missing 14-year-old girl was found in the barracks in June.
An unnamed U.S. Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton, California, has been charged with sexually assaulting a minor after discovering a 14-year-old girl missing at the base barracks, officials said. in June.
Captain Charles Palmer, spokesman for the 1st Marine Logistics Group at Camp Pendleton, said: “Military prosecutors have charged the Marines with allegations of sexual assault of a minor and freedom restriction from a previous unrelated case.
Palmer said the order has scheduled a preliminary hearing for August 17 at Camp Pendleton.
“After the preliminary hearing, the order will review all charges and evidence to determine whether the case should be heard by a military court,” Palmer said.
“To protect the integrity of the ongoing investigation and subject rights, further information will not be available until this decision has been made,” he added. “As a reminder, allegations remain allegations and all service members are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.”
In July, the unidentified marine was released after being questioned by investigators from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service following the discovery of a 14-year-old girl missing on Jan. June 28 at a barracks at Camp Pendleton. The girl went missing on June 10, according to family members.
The 14-year-old girl’s family members alleged in social media posts that she was sexually assaulted by a Marine at the base.
No details of the Marine’s identity were released on Friday, but a Marine was previously identified as part of the 5th Combat Logistics Battalion, Marine Logistics Group No. 1 is based at Camp Pendleton.
Palmer has also confirmed that the Marines are male appearing in a video posted on social media showing a handcuffed Marine being escorted by military police outside the barracks at the base. keep.