MATT O’RILEY could have already scored a hat-trick as Celtic return to action against St Johnstone after a surprise Cup defeat by Kilmarnock – but instead remain GOALLESS.
Attempts by Brendan Rodgers’ side to repeat their treble success from last year fell at the first hurdle, falling 1-0 to Kilmarnock in the Viaplay Cup at Rugby Park.
Saints boss Steven MacLean will be hoping for a similarly surprising result this weekend after his own side struggled earlier in the season.
McDiarmid Park’s men have won just one of their six competitive games in the 2023/24 season – after being eliminated from the Viaplay Cup in the group stage and losing both Premiership opener games 2-0
- Celtic v St Johnstone takes place TODAY, Saturday 26 August
- The game starts at 3pm on Saturday 26 August at Celtic Park
- Celtic v St Johnstone will not be televised live in the UK
- CelticTV will show the game to subscribers living outside of the UK and Ireland
- BBC Radio Scotland will provide live audio transmissions and highlights will be broadcast later in the evening on Sportscene at 7.30pm (BBC Scotland) and 11.50pm (BBC One).
- The referee for Celtic v St Johnstone is Matthew MacDermid
- Ross Macleod and Graham McNeillie are the linesmen, with Chris Fordyce as the fourth official
- Andrew Dallas will be the VAR with Drew Kirkland supporting him
Keep up to date with ALL the latest news and transfers on the Scottish Sun football page