SHORT breaks are a great way to travel cheaply and explore new places.
With the summer season in full swing, September is the best time for a short break in a sunny destination for under £250 per person.
You could travel to some of Brits’ favorite destinations including the Algarve in Portugal, Spain, Bulgaria and Turkey.
All of the destinations featured in the list have an average temperature of 24°C or more and virtually no chance of rain.
The best offers are for stays of four nights.
Different types of stays are available, from self-catering and room-only to all-inclusive.
If you’re looking to take a self catering holiday, you’ll find the biggest bargain we’ve found in Spain.
You can secure a four night stay at the Entreplayas 3000 Apartments in Costa de Azahar, Spain from £127 ppincluding your flights.
Self-catering and room-only vacations are great options if you want to explore the area rather than spending most of your time at the resort.
Here are the best deals we’ve found under £150 per person:
Most read on beach vacation
- 4 nights B&B at Hotel Vida Xunca Blanca in Sanxenxo, Galicia, Spain – from £133 pp
- 4 Nights Accommodation Only Hotel San Andrés in Jerez de la Frontera, Costa de la Luz, Spain – from £133 pp
- 4 Nights Room Only at Terres de France – Les Hameaux de Pomette in Nouvelle Aquitaine, France – from £136 pp
- 4 nights bed only accommodation at ibis budget Braga Centro in Braga, Northern Portugal, Portugal – from £143 pp
- 4 Nights B&B at Ivana Palace in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria – from £150 pp
And if a four-night stay is too long for you, we’ve also found some great deals for a three-night stay:
- 3 Nights Accommodation Only at the Diplomat Palace Hotel in Miramare di Rimini, Emilia Romagna, Italy – from £123 pp
- 3 Nights Bed Only Hotel Best Mediterraneo in Salou, Costa Dorada, Spain – from £166 pp
If you’d rather have a stress-free and relaxing vacation, an all-inclusive vacation is for you.
The hotels offer everything you need, from food and drink to pools, so you never have to leave the property when you don’t feel like it.
The cheapest offer we found is four nights in Bulgaria at Aluasun Helios Beach from £177 per person all inclusive.
Here are the best all-inclusive getaways we found in September:
- 4 nights all inclusive at Hotel Malibu in Albena, Bulgaria – from £187 pp
- 4 nights all inclusive at Hotel Slavuna in Albena, Bulgaria – from £188 pp
- 4 nights all inclusive at MPM Hotel Kalina Garden in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria – from £200 pp
- 4 Nights All Inclusive at Mersoy Exclusive in Icmeler, Dalaman, Türkiye – from £240 pp
For more sun breaks, we have found the best value for money all-inclusive hotels in Tenerife, rated by TripAdvisor.
We’ve also rounded up the cheapest Turkey trips to book this summer – with temperatures hitting 36°C.
And to book the cheapest all-inclusive beach vacations in July – but you’ll have to be quick.
The prices are valid at the time of publication.