Chelsea near deals for Man City pair Raheem Sterling, Nathan Ake
The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Chelsea close to deals for Sterling and Ake
Manchester City winger Raham Sterling has long been linked with a move to Chelsea, and Fabrizio Romano has reported that the city has given final approval for the move.
According to ESPN sources, the England international is expected to move for a sum of around £45million plus benefits and become the Blues’ highest-paid player.
Since joining Man City from Liverpool for £49million in July 2015, Sterling has represented the club 337 times, scoring 131 goals and assisting a further 94, but has not always been a regular in recent times.
Chelsea aren’t finalizing their deal with Man City just yet as the clubs are also set to negotiate a transfer of the defender Nathan Ake after the sterling deal closes, Roman adds.
Sources had previously told ESPN that the 27-year-old Netherlands international is keen to return to Chelsea, having joined the club from Feyenoord as a 15-year-old. A source suggested City are looking for around £50m for Akes’ transfer.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
10.02 CET: Nottingham Forest have announced the signing of a left-back Omar Richards from Bayern Munich.
Richards, 24, comes for a transfer fee of €10m and has signed a four-year deal after joining Bayern on a free transfer from Reading last summer.
“I’m delighted to be returning to England and joining Nottingham Forest at such an exciting time,” said Richards. “The club have had incredible experiences in recent months and there are big ambitions for their return to the Premier League.
“I’ve played against Forest in the past and they get such great support from their fans while the City Ground is a fantastic place to call home now. I can’t wait to work with the squad this week and start preparing for the new season.”
09.28 CET: TalkSPORT reports that Manchester United finalize a deal for the former Lazio goalkeeper Thomas Strakosha.
Strakosha, 27, left the Italian club on a free transfer this summer and is ready to back United’s No. 1 David deGaa after Dean Henderson came to Nottingham Forest on loan.
The Albania international has also been linked with Fulham, Forest, Leicester and Chelsea.
09.00 CET: Manchester United remain convinced Christian Ericsen will be moving to Old Trafford despite suggestions from Brentford he could still choose her, sources have told ESPN.
Eriksen has verbally agreed a three-year deal with United but was not part of the squad that left for his tour of Thailand and Australia on Friday.
Brentford manager Thomas Frank also hinted he hasn’t given up hope of the midfielder re-signing after a successful stint there last season, but sources have told ESPN Eriksen’s decision is firm. The Denmark international is set to undergo medical treatment shortly and could still take part in the United tour in Melbourne.
Meanwhile, United are interested in the striker Brian Brobby is not a signal that their attitude is on Cristiano Ronaldo has eased, sources told ESPN.
Erik ten Hag is an admirer of Brobbey, having scored seven goals in 13 games on loan at Ajax last season, and while Ten Hag would be keen to bring him to United, there is a growing sense at Old Trafford that he will make a permanent move to the Dutch from RB Leipzig.
Sources have told ESPN that even if Brobbey’s move is successful, the club will maintain their stance that Ronaldo is not available for a transfer.
Gab Marcotti and Stewart Robson discuss Alexandre Lacazette’s Arsenal career and his return to Lyon.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)
– Arsenal are considering a shock attempt to sign the Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante and hope it might work, according to The Daily Star. The Frenchman has just one year left on his Blues contract, is one of Chelsea’s top earners and suffered setbacks through injury last season.
– Paris Saint-Germain’s admiration for the Stade de Reims forward Hugo Ekitik agree as they hope to sign the 20-year-old, reports Foot Mercato. On the other hand, they are unwilling to fulfill Newcastle United’s €40m offer.
– Marseille hope to sign the Lens right-back Jonathan Klaus and have started negotiations, as reported by L’Equipe. However, the two clubs’ valuations are very far apart and Marseille are currently facing financial constraints that could make the deal difficult to finalize.
– Newcastle United are considering a bid for the Leeds United winger Jack Harrisonaccording to The Daily Mail, who add that the Englishman is seen as a cheaper alternative to the €70m Bayer Leverkusen winger Mussa Diaby. Leeds has already added Luis Sinisterra but likely to lose Raphinhaand also look at Club Brugge Charles de KetelaerePSV Eindhoven Cody Gakpo and Wolverhampton Wanderers Adam Traore.
– Torino want to include Internazionale Caesar Casadei in the deal, the defender will see Bremen join this Nerazzurri, after Calciomercato. Inter want the midfielder’s addition to be worth between €7m and €8m and while Torino want a lower value, there is room for negotiation. Inter also want to include a clause allowing them to re-sign the 19-year-old for around €18m.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4697689/live-transfer-talk-chelsea-near-deals-for-man-city-pair-raheem-sterlingnathan-ake Chelsea near deals for Man City pair Raheem Sterling, Nathan Ake