The summer transfer window is closed for the big leagues in Europe. But looking ahead to January, there are a lot of rumors circulating about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Chelsea have no interest in Ronaldo
Chelsea have no plans to sign Cristiano Ronaldo since they have a contract with RB Leipzig Christopher Nunku wrapped up, according to The Evening Standard.
Despite Ronaldo’s Portugal side soon starting their World Cup season against Ghana, there will be plenty of talk about the forward’s future as his departure from Manchester United sees him become a free agent.
Chelsea had been linked with the 37-year-old last summer but Thomas Tuchel hit out at club owner Todd Boehly’s ideas of signing him.
With Graham Potter now in the dugout at Stamford Bridge, it is understood that Ronaldo would not suit the style of play implemented and there are still no plans to sign him.
The Blues have moved to bring Nkunku and are reportedly confident of sealing a £50million transfer for the 25-year-old.
Any further signings in the front areas would depend on departures Hakim Ziyech Wanted by AC Milan and Christian Pulisic Received attention from Juventus.
As sources have told ESPN, Newcastle United are also not keen on signing Ronaldo, although the Red Devils are not imposing any restrictions on where the striker can go next.
Strong interest is expected from the Middle East as an unnamed Saudi Arabian club have offered a £2million-a-week contract.
In a video on his YouTube channel, Fabrizio Romano said that Real Madrid have also ruled themselves out of the Ronaldo race.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (US)
– Juventus could decide to send Leandro Parédes back to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer and unload Weston McKennie for €25-30m to help them sign Lazio Sergej Milinkovic-Savicreports Calciomercato. Adrien Rabiots The contract expires in the summer, and whether or not he signs a lucrative new deal could also affect whether the Bianconeri can commit the Serbian international.
– Christian Falk has said that RB Leipzig midfielder Konrad Leimer said no to a move to Chelsea and wants to move to Bayern Munich in the summer. The Austrian international was there The Red Bulls since 2017 but will depart as a free agent when his contract expires at the end of the season.
– Internazionale hope to sign a left-back to replace Robin Gossen With the German’s departure looking increasingly likely in January, and La Gazzetta dello Sport have said the Serie A side are looking into Stade Rennais Adrian Truffert. Scouts have watched the 21-year-old 11 times and they always come back with positive reports, despite being valued at €15m.
– Aston Villa, Fulham and Juventus are all watching the Benfica centre-back’s situation Antonio Silvacorresponding Ekrem Konur. The 19-year-old has enjoyed a landmark season that has even seen him included in Portugal’s squad for the World Cup.
– Hoffenheim is looking for a new striker and they have Wolfsburg Luke Waldschmidt in sight, as reported by Kicker. It is even suspected that the 26-year-old, who has played just 322 minutes in all competitions this season and has yet to record a direct goal contribution, may have made initial contacts.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4812226/transfer-talk-chelseanewcastlereal-all-pass-on-ronaldo Chelsea, Newcastle, Real all pass on Ronaldo