Chelsea turn to Bayer Leverkusen defender Tapsoba after Fofana bids rejected

The summer transfer window is fast approaching the September 1 deadline and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!

TOP STORY: Chelsea approach Tapsoba after Fofana offers were turned down

Chelsea are looking for a new centre-back and have focused on Bayer Leverkusen’s Edmond Tapsobasays heaven Germany.

Tapsoba, 23, joined Bayer Leverkusen in 2019 and Burkina Faso has impressed in the Bundesliga and attracted interest from some of Europe’s top clubs.

Chelsea’s first choice is the Leicester City defender Wesley Fofana but their third offer of £70m was rejected and sources have told ESPN an offer of more than £80m is needed.

The Blues have already signed Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli for £34m to replace Antonio Ruediger and Andrew Christensen who went to Real Madrid and Barcelona on a free transfer. Chelsea youngster Trevo Chalobah is also on loan in a bid to gain regular playing time, with RB Leipzig, Spurs, Roma and Inter Milan all keen.

Tapsoba has four years left on contract but would come in a lot cheaper than Fofana and Chelsea could now be forced to consider other options.

– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (USA)

LIVE BLOG

10.42 CET: Barcelona have agreed to loan the defender Samuel Umit to Lecce for the remainder of the season, the club announced on Thursday.

The Serie A club secured the veteran centre-back’s signing which does not include an option to keep Umtiti on a permanent basis at the end of the season.

Barcelona are desperately trying to cut their wage costs to register the defender Jules Koundewho joined the club from Seville earlier this month.

However, Umtiti’s move to Italy is unlikely to help Barcelona in that regard as the La Liga giants will reportedly pay his full wages.

Lecce will reportedly pay Barcelona a fee depending on the number of appearances Umtiti makes this season.

10.28 CET: Celta Vigo midfielder Denis Suarez has announced that he is only allowed to train with the team when the fans show up at training.

The LaLiga club are keen to sack Suarez in this transfer window. According to club executives, the player has rejected all offers made to him this summer, which Suarez claims he never received.

Suarez, one of Celta’s highest-paid players and under contract until June 2024, is training separately from the rest of the squad

He posted photos on social media in which he trains with the other players, along with a message to fans stating: “I wish you were at the training ground every day. When you show up it’s the only day I get to coach the team all the time…coincidences of life.”

blank09.53 CET: Leicester City continue to claim a world record fee for Wesley Fofana With the defender deviating from the first-team amid continued interest from Chelsea, sources have told ESPN’s James Olley.

Chelsea have made three offers for Fofana, the third of which was worth £70million and was rejected outright by Leicester on Tuesday.

Leicester value the 21-year-old at the same level as Harry Maguire, who left the club in 2019 to join Manchester United for £80million – a figure that is still the highest ever paid for a defender.

Fofana was ruled out of Leicester’s 2-1 home defeat by Southampton last weekend, with manager Brendan Rodgers admitting the Frenchman wasn’t in the right shape to play.

He is now training with the club’s Under-23s and Rodgers said he was looking for a quick fix to the situation after weeks of speculation.

“Of course, if it does happen, the sooner the better, because it might allow us to get some work done.” [in the transfer market]”, he said. Chelsea are now considering whether to improve their overall offer or change the terms so a larger part of the proposed £70m is paid upfront rather than in add-ons.

Fofana is Thomas Tuchel’s top defensive target and sources have told ESPN he is interested in making a fourth offer ahead of next Thursday’s transfer deadline.

– Players featured in the last week of the transfer window

09:16 CET: Mariano Diaz has accepted that he should leave Real Madrid this summer, Diario AS report, but there are disagreements with the club on how that should be done – the player wants to leave for free and Madrid expect a transfer fee.

Mariano, 29, has barely played for Madrid since returning from Lyon in 2018 and has made 11 La Liga starts in four years.

The rejected striker joined Benfica and Rayo Vallecano in recent summers, while his pre-tax annual salary of around €10m has also been a major obstacle.

According to AS, Mariano would rather stay in LaLiga but finances are making that difficult – although a deal similar to the one that saw Luka Jovic join Fiorentina for free could be considered, with Madrid entitled to a percentage of any future sale.

blank08.39 CET: Arsenal winger Nicholas Pepe Nice are set to join on a season-long loan, sources have told ESPN’s James Olley.

The 27-year-old is expected to travel to France to undergo a medical after the two clubs agreed a deal that includes no obligation or option to make the transfer permanent.

Pepe’s departure reflects his minimal impact since making a club record £72million from Lille in 2019.

The winger has scored 27 goals in 112 games but only started in five games last season as manager Mikel Arteta favored Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli and Emile Smith Rowe in Arsenal’s wide positions, among others.

Pepe has two years left on his current contract and his situation will be reviewed next summer.

08.00 CET: Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola leaves the door wide open Bernhard Silva move to Barcelona despite the slim chances of a move to the Camp Nou this month for the midfielder.

Guardiola mischievously quipped that Silva likes Barcelona, ​​saying that while he would like him to stay he doesn’t want unlucky players at City.

“I’m not one to tell Barca to forget it [signing] Bernardo,” Guardiola said in a press conference after City drew 3-3 with Barca in a friendly at the Camp Nou on Wednesday. “We want him to stay with us, but I don’t want anyone who isn’t happy. The clubs would have to agree first, but there hasn’t been an offer for him in the last two years.

“I don’t want him to go, he’s a superlative player and a great person… and there’s only seven or eight days left [in the window] and we would have to turn to the transfer market. I want him to stay. Still, it’s true that Bernardo likes Barcelona a lot.”

Alongside Guardiola, Barca boss Xavi Hernandez was asked if he would like to sign Silva.

“Who doesn’t like Bernardo Silva?” he answered. “And [Kevin] De Bruyne, [Erling] Haaland, what a team… but [Bernardo] is a very important player for City, someone who makes the difference. I love how he plays because there are a lot of players like him, but [a move] depends on the city.”

– Why did Barca, Man City play a friendly three weeks into the season?

play

1:59

Gab Marcotti and Rob Dawson provide update on Cristiano Ronaldo’s future after he was on the bench in Man United’s win over Liverpool.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)

– Manchester United are getting closer to signing one of their top targets this summer, with Premier League club Ajax-Star getting closer Anthony, according to The Athletic. The 22-year-old winger’s agents are in London trying to secure their client a move to Old Trafford, with the latest evidence suggesting both clubs are in talks over a €94m deal. Sources previously told ESPN that after an initial €80m offer from United, Ajax were only considering a financial package worth closer to €100m. Sources added that United haven’t given up on the Brazilian’s signing, in part because he told Ajax he wanted to move to Old Trafford. Manchester United are reported to have since scaled back their interest in his alternative option at PSV Eindhoven Cody Gakpo amidst their optimism about signing Antony.

– Talks are ongoing between Manchester United and Newcastle United over a deal for the goalkeeper Martin Dubravkareported Sky Sports. The Red Devils are keen to rival David de Gea this season and after the Magpies took over Nick Pope, they could be ready to part ways with the 33-year-old Slovakia international.

– have identified Newcastle Conor Gallagher as a key lending target before the transfer window closes The Telegraph. Sources have told ESPN that Newcastle will sign the Real Sociedad striker Alexander Isak For €70m, Eddie Howe’s side will now focus on the 22-year-old Chelsea midfielder. Gallagher impressed with eight goals and three assists in 34 Premier League games while on loan at Crystal Palace last season.

– The race to Ainsley Maitland Niles heating up with Southampton now interested in signing the Arsenal man, according to Fabrizio Romano. The Saints are keen to land the 24-year-old defender on a loan deal that includes an option to make the move permanent and the Gunners are looking to release him this summer. Maitland-Niles was also on West Ham United’s radar, who could be in contention for his signature.

Mauro Icardi is in talks with Galatasaray as the Paris Saint-Germain striker is looking to gain regular minutes, Foot Mercato reports. The Argentina international would join the Turkish side on a loan deal that includes a permanent option.

– Atletico Madrid have no plans to continue Renan Lodireveals Fabrizio Romano. The left-back has been on Manchester City’s radar this summer and after Nottingham Forest made an inquiry to Diego Simeone’s side it looks like they have turned away Premier League interest yet again. Lodi, 24, made 29 appearances in LaLiga last season.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4729406/live-transfer-talk-chelsea-turn-to-bayer-leverkusen-defender-tapsoba-after-fofana-bids-rejected Chelsea turn to Bayer Leverkusen defender Tapsoba after Fofana bids rejected

Emma Bowman

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button