The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Chelsea, Koulibaly close to deal
Chelsea set to complete £34m Napoli transfer Kalidou Koulibaly according to Sky Sports Italy, a five-year contract.
The 31-year-old centre-back has already agreed on personal terms, with the move set to be completed on Wednesday. The Senegal international without a contract in 2023 is considered the perfect replacement by Chelsea coach Thomas Tuchel Antonio Ruedigerwho has since moved to Real Madrid.
Koulibaly isn’t the only defender to be linked with Chelsea and negotiations with Manchester City over Chelsea’s return continue Nathan Ake to Stamford Bridge. Sources previously told ESPN that Ake is ready to rejoin the club where he came through the ranks as a 15-year-old from Feyenoord. A source suggested City are targeting around £50m for Akes’ transfer.
In the meantime, Raham Sterling will also fly to Los Angeles and will be unveiled as the Blues’ latest signing after completing a medical in London, reports The Mirror. The 27-year-old will join his new teammates on their pre-season tour of the United States on Wednesday.
Sterling is expected to move from Manchester City for an amount in the region of £45million plus add-ons. Sources have told ESPN that Sterling’s wages at Chelsea will exceed those of N’Golo Kantethe club’s top earner at £290,000 a week.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
– Renato Sanch is confident he will join Paris Saint-Germain this summer Sky Sports Germany. The 24-year-old has been linked with AC Milan for months after refusing to extend his contract with Lille, which expired in 2023, but the Portugal international wants to join the Ligue 1 champions this summer instead.
– Idrissa Gueye plans to extend his contract with PSG despite Galatasaray’s progress, according to L’Equipe. The 32-year-old is considered a priority for the Turkey side in this transfer window. However, the midfielder is reportedly comfortable staying in Paris and earning €500,000 a month until his contract expires in June 2023.
– FC Bayern Munich is no longer interested in a commitment Harry Kane this summer acc Sky Sports Germany. Although the Bundesliga champions have eyed the 28-year-old Tottenham Hotspur star as a possible replacement for the exit Robert Lewandowski, they are not pursuing a move this transfer window. This could reportedly change next year, but there are no talks of a future move. Lewandowski has long been linked with a move to Barcelona.
– Memphis Depay will turn down a move to Tottenham and stay at Barcelona, Sport report. The Catalan side want £17million for the 28-year-old Dutch forward, who has scored 12 goals since joining Barcelona on a free transfer last summer. Despite the expected additions of Lewandowski and Raphinha, the striker reportedly wants to stay and play regularly at the Camp Nou. Spurs already count with Kane, son Heung Min, Dejan Kulusevski, Lucas Mura and newcomer Richardson as attack options.
– That Azzurri The rebuild at Toronto FC continues, with Fabrizio Romano Coverage of this ex-Juventus man Federico Bernardeschi will soon join the Major League Soccer squad. Toronto have already signed an Italian duo Lorenzo Insignia and Domenico Criscito this summer, with Bernardeschi expected to take over as designated player after Tuesday’s exit Carlo Salcedo.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4699400/transfer-talk-chelseas-revamp-continues-as-napolis-kalidou-koulibaly-set-to-join Chelsea’s revamp continues as Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly set to join