Chowchilla man behind 1976 kidnapping of 26 children and bus driver will be released on parole

A parole board confirmed on Tuesday that Frederick Woods, one of three men convicted of hijacking a school bus full of 26 children and their driver in Chowchilla in 1976, will be released, officials said.

Woods, 70, was first found eligible for parole on March 25 at a hearing at the California Men’s Colony in San Luis Obispo. According to Terry Thornton, a spokesman for the California Department, this was his 18th appearance before the Parole Board of Corrections and Rehabilitation. Woods was previously denied parole 17 times.

Friedrich Wald.

Friedrich Wald.

(Associated Press)

Gov. Gavin Newsom referred Woods’ parole grant for board review, which was held on Tuesday. Woods’ release date has not been disclosed due to security concerns, Thornton said.

Woods and his accomplices Richard and James Schoenfeld plotted for a year to collect a $5 million ransom from the state board of education.

James Schoenfeld told parole officers he was jealous of his friends who owned “His and Her Ferraris”. Woods said during a previous parole hearing that he just “got greedy” and said in 2012 that he didn’t need the money.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-08-17/frederick-woods-will-be-released-on-parole-chowchilla-1976-kidnapping-26-children Chowchilla man behind 1976 kidnapping of 26 children and bus driver will be released on parole

Alley Einstein

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button