Chucklefish, the publisher behind Stardew Valley and other titles, unveiled a game called Spellbound years ago, and in 2018 it changed its name to Witchbrook. Then Witchbrook disappeared for two years before reappearing in 2020 with a brand new art style. And then it disappeared again, until today, when Chucklefish released five new images of the witch RPG alongside a snazzy new Steam page.
“Welcome to Witchbrook”, op tweet read. “Enjoy this magical glimpse into the town of Mossport with these brand new screenshots straight out of the oven. Wishlist now on Steam.”
The Steam page describes Witchbrook as follows: “Discover the magic around you in Witchbrook – an immersive social RPG! Bring a charming seaside town to life as you become Mossport’s newest resident witch. Make friends, master spells, and maybe even find love along the way…”
Unfortunately, the Steam page doesn’t mention a release date or window, so when we’ll be the best witches in town remains unknown. However, there is a lot to learn on the Steam page. Here are some highlights from it, straight from Chucklefish:
- Welcome to Witchbrook: Embark on a magical coming-of-age adventure when you enroll as an apprentice witch at Witchbook College. Journey from the familiar to the fantastic as you learn to harness the magic around you in this in-depth life simulation and social roleplaying game. Embrace your magical roots by taking on the role of your ancestors as the resident witch in the bustling seaside town of Mossport. Jump on your broomstick and enter a world of wonder and charm, discovering long-lost mysteries, spells and ghosts! Make friends, find love, and help others live their dreams as you journey together toward graduation and beyond.
- Graduate at the top of his class: Develop your magical skills by taking courses, completing quests, and earning badges at Witchbrook College. Practice your new skills by putting them to the test and using your magic across the city. mastering magical arts; Brew powerful potions, challenge classmates to a broom race, look for strange mushrooms and use your botany know-how to grow all kinds of fauna and flora!
- Make friends and memories: Make friends and go on romantic dates with a colorful cast of characters. Discover their unique stories, hopes and dreams as you spend more time with each of your classmates. Shape your life, work together and find romance…
- Forge your own identity: Express your unique aesthetic with customizable clothing, hair, and accessories. Renovate your cozy forest cottage according to your wishes and transform the surrounding garden into a thriving habitat for plants and animals.
- A living, magical world: Just like you, your fellow students, teachers, and townspeople have busy schedules and social appointments. Immerse yourself in a living world, celebrate with seasonal events and take part in special activities.
- Extracurricular activities: There is more to life than just your witch studies! Spend your free time engaging in activities like photography and gardening, or shop ’til you drop at Mossport’s many boutiques, cafes and seasonal markets. Change up your look, try one of Olive’s local delicacies, or adopt a houseplant at Wild Flower.
- life after graduation: Continue your studies as a postgraduate to perfect your skills and become the best witch you can be! Take to the skies on your broom and hand-deliver your desired homemade goods to your neighbors. A graduated witch is always in high demand among the locals.
Are you looking forward to Witchbrook? Let us know in the comments below!
https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/06/02/chucklefish-reveals-first-look-at-witchbrook-in-more-than-2-years-steam-page-now-live Chucklefish Reveals First Look At Witchbrook In More Than 2 Years, Steam Page Now Live