The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Ronaldo doesn’t budge, watches Man Utd exit
Cristiano Ronaldo appears determined to leave Old Trafford this summer after talks with Manchester United failed to persuade the 37-year-old forward to stay at the club, reports The Times.
New manager Erik ten Hag reportedly tried to persuade him to reconsider his decision on Tuesday after pitching his project to the Portugal international, but it looks like missing out on qualifying for the Champions League last season closed the curtain early on Ronaldo’s return, despite having one year left on his contract.
While Manchester United have reportedly turned down Ronaldo’s request to be released from his contract, the club have given their officials permission to start scouting potential clubs interested in taking him on.
The former Real Madrid and Juventus star scored 18 goals in 30 Premier League games last season.
Atletico Madrid, Chelsea and Bayern Munich have all been linked with Ronaldo at some point. However, Atletico president Enrique Cerezo called such a move “virtually impossible” while sources told ESPN earlier this month that Chelsea had ruled themselves out of the race for his signature. Bayern boss Oliver Kahn also canceled his team as an option and said that signing Ronaldo “would not fit with our philosophy”.
– ESPN+ Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
– Barcelona plan to take over the first-choice goalkeeper Marc-André ter Stegen if they cannot facilitate a move away from the Camp Nou Frenkie deJong, according to Cadena Ser. The 30-year-old goalkeeper is said to be earning €7m a season and is set to sign a pay rise for next season Blaugrana could move him on now as they try to control their current wage structure. The Germany international made 35 LaLiga appearances for Xavi Hernandez’s side in the 2021/22 season.
– AFC Bournemouth will sign the Middlesbrough winger Markus Tavernier, writes The Athletic. An initial fee of £10m has been agreed between the two sides, although it is reported that an additional £2.5m in add-ons is included as part of the deal. The 23-year-old was a key player for the league side last season, contributing 10 goals in 44 games.
– Chelsea will allow it Hakim Ziyech £8million to leave, the Daily Mail reports. The 29-year-old attacking midfielder is keen to join AC Milan but while the Serie A champions are expected to move forward with negotiations for him this week, the latest suggests he may face a pay cut for his proposed move to the San Siro to materialize.
– Georginio Wijnaldum is just one step away from joining AS Roma Rudy Galetti. It is reported that Jose Mourinho’s side have made great strides in negotiations with Paris Saint-Germain over a loan deal that includes an option for a permanent takeover. Both sides are expected to continue talks this week to find a middle ground on how much of the 31-year-old midfielder’s salary will be covered as part of the loan.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4707816/transfer-talk-cristiano-ronaldo-still-wants-manchester-united-exit-despite-erik-ten-hag-plea Cristiano Ronaldo still wants Manchester United exit despite Erik ten Hag plea