Sports

Deshaun Watson’s NFL hearing to continue through at least Wednesday, source says

Deshaun Watson’s hearing before jointly appointed NFL and NFL Players Association disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson has concluded for today, ESPN’s Dan Graziano reported Tuesday.

The hearing is set to resume on Wednesday and could last even longer, a source told Graziano. Watson has been accused by 25 women of actions ranging from sexual assault to inappropriate behavior during massage sessions.

According to Graziano, the NFL is expected to push for a suspension of at least a year.

One of the 25 lawsuits was dropped after the judge ruled that the motion had to be amended with the plaintiff’s name. Watson and 20 of the other plaintiffs agreed last week to settle the lawsuits.

On Monday, one of the four active civil suits was amended to name the Houston Texans as a defendant. On that day, attorney Tony Buzbee, who once represented all 25 women, said in a statement that “the overwhelming evidence that has been gathered suggesting the Houston Texans enabled Watson’s behavior is incredibly damning.”

Two grand juries in Texas declined to enter charges against Watson earlier this year.

The Texans traded Watson for the Browns in March after the first grand jury announced it would not indict Watson.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34163367/deshaun-watson-nfl-hearing-resume-least-wednesday Deshaun Watson’s NFL hearing to continue through at least Wednesday, source says

Emma Bowman

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button