The pinnacle of Destiny 2’s PVP activity, Trials of Osiris, has finally returned to the Crucible. Here’s everything we’ve got this weekend (Feb), including map and rewards.
Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted is now in full swing, and the weekend brings another Trials of Osiris map and reward rotation.
While the playlist has traditionally struggled with issues like cheaters, account recovery services, and technical issues within the broader Destiny 2 experience, Bungie has made some new tweaks over the past few seasons to improve things.
Here’s a super quick rundown of what to expect in the upcoming seasons of Trials of Osiris:
- Trial versions are only available to players who own the latest annual expansion (The Witch Queen).
- You can continue playing once you’ve accumulated three losses and still earn gear (although Trials only offer the best rewards for clean runs).
- PC players will now notice that BattlEye Anti-Cheat is in effect
- Perhaps the biggest change is that Trials of Osiris will now feature matchmaking
Season of the Haunted has brought new changes to Trials of Osiris. The Capture Zone and Freelance weekends will return, and the Adept rewards will also see changes.
This Week’s Trials of Osiris Map (June 24-28)
away 6pm BST/10am PT/1pm ET on Friday, June 24th, the Trials of Osiris map is Distant Shore.
Destiny 2 players R3lik has created a series of great callout cards – here’s this week’s.
Trials of Osiris Rewards This Week (June 24-28)
Instead of the breakeven points of 3, 5, 7, and flawless previously required for rewards, players will no longer receive specific weapon drops. In fact, you’ll now receive Test Engrams by leveling up your reputation with Saint-14 in the Tower’s hangar.
However, you do get a rotating “Adept” weapon for a flawless run.
- Reputation Rank 10 – Burden of Guilt (Stasis Fusion Rifle)
- Reputation Rank 16 – Forgiveness (Arc Sidearm)
- Flawless Barrel – The Summoner (Adept) Auto Rifle
Once a Trials of Osiris reward has been unlocked, you can re-roll for the cost of a Trials Engram – meaning that dice farming has never been easier.
However, don’t forget that you can get better gear with higher stat rolls by going Flawless. Trials Reputation at Rank 10 and Rank 16 also guarantees weapon drops.
Beginning with Season of the Haunted, players will be able to earn the Falcon’s Chase Sparrow starting June 10th.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris Passages explained
With the overhaul of the playlist in Season of the Lost, Trials of Osiris also made some changes to its passages (or maps). These quest items give you access to the Trials playlist every weekend, and there are a few key changes to note with the new system:
- Passages no longer track casualties
- Each passage is either flawless or not, allowing you to keep playing and earning rewards no matter how many losses you suffer
- Players can still reset their passage after a loss, but are no longer forced to do so after incurring three losses on their map
- Passages now track up to 20 rounds won
- All passages are significantly reduced in price
- Passages are now account-wide, meaning you can play with any of your characters and earn rewards by using the same passage
These changes and what they mean for you as you prepare for the playlist can be quite confusing. Fortunately, we have a breakdown of each passage, what it does, and which ones might work for you:
- passage of mercy: This passage forgives a loss per run
- If your goal is to make it to the lighthouse, this is the passage for you. You get a free loss without having to reset your card and start over
- passage of wildness: This passage grants you a bonus win after getting three wins on your card
- Usually the next pick behind Mercy for Flawless Runs, this allows you to skip an entire match en route to the Lighthouse – but you won’t have the loss forgiveness that comes with Mercy
- transition of wealth: This passage grants increased Trials Rank Points by achieving 3, 5, and 7 match wins
- If you’re more focused on collecting Trial rewards and not concerned with getting flawless, this is the card for you. With the new Trials reputation system, the Passage of Wealth will increase your rank with Saint-14 faster than any other card
- passage of trust: This passage grants a bonus reward from the Flawless Chest, but you can only acquire this card after you’ve already been Flawless that week
- If you’re confident in your skills and have a solid strike team, the Passage of Confidence can help you collect more rewards in the Lighthouse, but it’s arguably the most difficult passage to play
Choosing the right passage for you (and your teammates if you plan to enter the Trials with a pre-made fireteam) will go a long way in ensuring you get the most out of your playlist time each weekend.
The Trials of Osiris resets weekly in Destiny 2
Trials of Osiris will next go live on Friday (June 24th) on daily reset (10 a.m. PDT / 1 p.m. EDT / 5pm GMT / 7 p.m. CET) and will remain active in the Crucible directory until Destiny 2’s weekly reset the following Tuesday (June 28th).
Before you dive into the competition, you need to make a stop Tower’s hangar and join in the conversation Saint-14, the vendor of Destiny 2 who oversees the Trials. He will be your main source of bounties and rewards throughout the week and the person who will provide each of your exam passages.
There you have it, that’s all you need to know about this week’s Trials of Osiris map and rewards. Make sure to jump into the playlist with a few of your friends before next week’s reset puts the game mode on its typical hiatus.
https://www.dexerto.com/destiny/destiny-2-trials-of-osiris-map-rewards-this-week-1631622/ Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris map & rewards this week (June 24 – 28)