‘Devastated’ Mason Greenwood ‘doesn’t know which way to turn’ after being dumped by Man Utd

MASON Greenwood is “devastated” by Manchester United’s decision to sack him – leading him to mull an offer from a club in Albania.

The 21-year-old forward and his family had expected to return to the Red Devils after club officials indicated they were ready to give him a second chance.

Mason Greenwood is'devastated' by Manchester United's decision to never play for the club again

3

Mason Greenwood is ‘devastated’ by Manchester United’s decision to never play for the club againPhoto credit: Getty

But after a public backlash, the club announced on Monday that they would no longer play for United.

His hopes of restarting his career at a top club were also dashed after officials at Italian Serie A club Roma and the Saudi Premier League indicated they were no longer interested in signing the Prem star.

Following his suspension by United after charges of attempted rape, assault and compulsive controlling behavior were dropped in February, at least two Premier League clubs have made requests for him to be on loan.

But those clubs are now rethinking their plans and considering whether the public backlash they would likely face if they signed him would be worth it.

The Championship clubs are also believed to be keeping an eye on the situation but fear they too cannot handle the PR situation.

So at the moment only an unnamed team from Albania is reportedly interested.

The Sun understands the backlash has been so intense that Greenwood – who became a father in July – is “devastated” and fearing for the future of his career.

A source said: “Mason always wanted to restart his career at the highest possible level.

“He hoped and believed it would be at United.

“The strength of the feeling has him now worried about whether he will ever play in the top leagues again.

“Playing in a country like Albania was never part of his plans.”

Greenwood was arrested in January 2022 after disturbing images were posted on social media.

However, his trial was dropped after key witnesses withdrew their testimony.

United CEO Richard Arnold said this week that a five-month investigation into the club had found Greenwood had committed no offense but said he had to leave Old Trafford for the sake of his career.

Greenwood doesn't know what path to take to revive his football career

3

Greenwood doesn’t know what path to take to revive his football career
The only offer Greenwood currently has comes from an unnamed club in Albania

3

The only offer Greenwood currently has comes from an unnamed club in Albania

Emma Bowman

Emma Bowman is a USTimesPost U.S. News Reporter based in London. His focus is on U.S. politics and the environment. He has covered climate change extensively, as well as healthcare and crime. Emma Bowman joined USTimesPost in 2023 from the Daily Express and previously worked for Chemist and Druggist and the Jewish Chronicle. He is a graduate of Cambridge University. Languages: English. You can get in touch with me by emailing emma@ustimespost.com.

Related Articles

Back to top button