According to his father, ELON Musk’s latest claims about his planned cage fight with Mark Zuckerberg are a publicity stunt to boost his X social media platform.
The Tesla The 52-year-old tycoon released a spate of news last week about the planned duel with his tech rival.
The South African-born Tesla CEO also said the fight would be funded by his foundations and those of Meta boss Zuckerberg, not the foundation ufc.
In the meantime, Pile of sugarThe 39-year-old responded by expressing doubts that the billionaires’ battle will ever happen.
He wrote on his social media app Threads on Sunday, “I think we can all agree that Elon is not serious and it’s time to move on.”
And while Elon’s father Errol, 77, puts it more positively, he seems to agree with Zuck.
Speaking exclusively to The US Sun from his home in South Africa, the retired electromechanical engineer said: “It’s about promoting X. Elon is not faking it, just drawing attention to X.”
“A fight would be silly. It’s so high school and mundane.
“Whatever Elon is doing here is far removed from his immediate duties.
“People are probably asking him about this fight thing. What does he have to say? ‘NO?’
“That would look pretty flimsy. what can he say “Oh yes, it will be on X!”
“That seems like a more likely answer. Get something out of coverage for X.
“Elon is busy with many things. I don’t think he would think about it that much other than people asking him about it and he feels the need to answer. It’s not complicated.
“Consider the new Tesla is coming, Starship is ready and Starlink is bursting at the seams.
“He’s got AI left, right and center, Twitter gives him a huge headache, and then he’s like, ‘Are you going to fight Zuckerberg?'”
Errol revealed exclusively to The US Sun last week that the fight may be jeopardized by an old neck injury he sustained in a skiing accident.
It came after musk claimed Monday he may need surgery and plans to have an MRI scan of his neck and upper back.
Errol supports him and says the injury is not a cheap excuse, adding: “Elon injured himself while skiing a while ago. He fell at high speed.”
In response to Musk’s claims last week, Zuckerberg slammed him Sunday, saying, “I offered a real date.
“(UFC boss) Dana White has offered to turn this into a legitimate competition for charity.
“Elon won’t confirm an appointment, then says he needs surgery and now asks to do a practice round in my backyard instead.”
The allegation about the backyard practice session was new, and it’s not clear if, how, or when Musk allegedly made the offer.
The new revelations come after Errol told the US Sun in June that he believes Elon has put himself in a “hopeless situation” with the proposed cage fight.
He said the “total humiliation” for Elon would be if he lost to Zuckerberg.
He also called an AI-generated image of his son “completely inaccurate” and posted pictures from his childhood to support his point.
In April, Errol revealed details of his claim to have once bought a stake in an emerald mine in Zambia, which Elon has denied.
Earlier this year, Errol told The US Sun that his son was a big fan of French Emperor Napoleon and believed the internet would have been invented in 1900 had the legendary general not been defeated.
Last September, The US Sun revealed how Errol killed three Clint Eastwood-style armed intruders South Africa In 1998, when his then six-year-old daughter Ali grabbed his leg.
Also last year, The US Sun revealed Errol’s claim that he had fathered a second child with his stepdaughter Jana and that he had been asked to donate his sperm to help impregnate upper-class women Colombia.