HUMZA Yousaf paid tribute to a Scot investment analyst who was found dead in his Spanish home after a suspected carbon monoxide leak.
It is believed that the newlyweds were on their honeymoon when they were found in bed in each other’s arms.
Mary was found unconscious and barely breathing next to Jamie just 15 days after they reportedly tied the knot.
The couple flew home from home Edinburgh to spend a few days of vacation on the rural estate in Cala Mesquida in the north-east of the island.
Jamie has tragically passed away while Mary remains in “serious condition” in intensive care at Manacor Hospital in Mallorca.
And the First Minister paid tribute to Jamie, urging holidaymakers to take “life-saving” detectors with them when they go on holiday.
Whilst all households in Scotland are required to have a carbon monoxide alarm installed in any room where there is a carbon burning appliance, this is not the case in all countries abroad.
Speaking to First Minister Questions, SNP MP Clare Adamson urged organizations to consider the alerts “essential packing for the holiday season”.
She called on the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents and the Safer Tourism Foundation to do more to address the issue.
Agreed, Mr Yousaf said they were “vital for security”.
He said: “My thoughts are, of course, with Jamie Carsi’s family and in particular his wife Mary.”
“And of course with her friends, family and the community who will be deeply saddened and shocked by these events.”
“Installing one of these detectors is critical for security reasons – it could literally save your life.”
He also encourages Scots to learn more about carbon monoxide poisoning.
Patti Montella, a friend of the couple, emotionally described Jaime as a “great soul.” social media Post Office.
She wrote alongside a photo of her with Jaime and Mary: “Jaime Carsi came into my life in London so many years ago and made his home in my heart.
“His smile and spirit are pure love.
“And when he married our precious Edinburgh girl, sweet Mary, it was a match made in heaven.
“You left us far too soon, my little one. What a prince you are, such a great soul.”
An investigation into the tragedy is ongoing, although initial local reports suggested the cause was a malfunctioning gas-powered refrigerator.
Well-informed sources said they were investigating the possibility of deadly carbon monoxide gas leaks throughout the night while the couple slept in the master bedroom before the alarm went off and they were spotted by Jaime after a frantic call from a relative.
Jaime described himself online as dating Madrid Although it is believed he moved to the UK with his parents as a child for work reasons, moving to Edinburgh around six years ago where after several years in London he got a job as an investment risk analyst at Baillie Gifford.
Police in Mallorca have said little about Saturday’s tragedy other than confirming that the investigation is still ongoing.
An investigating judge was commissioned to coordinate the investigation.
We pay for your stories and videos! Do you have a story or video for The Scottish Sun? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 420 5200