Fugitive rape suspect Nicholas Rossi yesterday called a supporter to testify in his extradition case – a child abuse offender.
William King spoke out in Edinburgh Sheriff’s Court on Friday for Rossi, 35.
King, who appeared via video link on the fifth day of extradition proceedings, told the court: “He was treated miserably. He was left on the ground and told, “Get up, you can damn walk.”
“He asked for help, he was refused. The nurses say there is nothing wrong with him.”
Rossi is threatened with repatriation to the United States, where he is accused of rape, sexual assault and fraud.
Serial offender King – whose family founded a notorious pedophile ring targeting children – was sentenced to six years in prison in Glasgow High Court last year.
The 59-year-old beast, described as a “monster” by a victim in a previous court case, sexually abused three children – two girls and one boy – over two decades.
During his testimony, he claimed Rossi was abused in prison and even attempted to challenge medical evidence before Sheriff Norman McFadyen stopped him.
King was convicted of three charges against the children in the High Court in Stirling in 2022.
On Thursday, Rossi testified that he could not raise his arms above his head – although he did so four times throughout the hearing to call his lawyer.
Rossi is fighting extradition to the US over rape, sex and fraud allegations.
He was injured in a Glasgow hospital in 2021 during his battle with Covid and still claims he is Irishman Arthur Knight – but a court ruled fingerprints and tattoos prove he is Rossi.
We pay for your stories and videos! Do you have a story or video for The Scottish Sun? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 420 5200