Scotland’s HUGE companies like Arnold Clark and LoganAir are already on the list of companies that don’t pay minimum wages.
The government has released a list of 19 companies north of the border that do not pay the National Minimum Wage for the lowest paid employees.
Tax authorities discovered they had failed to pay a whopping £140,106.05 total to 652 Scottish workers.
Topping Scotland’s list is regional airline Loganair, which failed to pay £24,367 to 43 workers.
Other major players in the Scots’ top five include OMI Campus, Macdonald Hotels and Baxterstory Scotland, all of which don’t pay between £13,000 and more than £20k for their staff.
And major car dealer Arnold Clark is fifth on the Scottish list after they lost 48 workers for failing to pay £12,215.56.
Small businesses and sole traders are also among those named today.
The list was compiled following an investigation by HMRC that took place between 2017 and 2019 – in which all companies faced financial penalties.
Since then, all companies have returned the full amount owed to employees.
It comes after a 9.7% increase in living wages and the national minimum wage paid to nearly 3 million workers across the UK.
Across the UK, tax officers found 39% of employers on the list had withheld workers’ wages, 39% of employers were not paying workers properly for time worked. and 21% of employers pay the wrong rate of apprenticeship.
Other big names topping the UK-wide list include WH Smith, Lloyds Pharmacy, Marks and Spencer and Argos.
And while HMRC bosses admit not every underpayment is intentional, they say there’s no reason for it.
UK Government Secretary for Scotland Malcolm Offford said: “Minimum wages are an important guarantee for workers and this Government is upholding that standard by calling on businesses – regardless of size. their scale – no pay We won’t see people get short shifts for their hard work.
“By naming companies, we highlight the fact that paying the national minimum wage is not optional – it is a legal requirement.”
“The minimum wage serves as a guarantee to ensure that all workers without exception receive a reasonable minimum wage,” said Bryan Sanderson, Chairman of the Low Wage Commission.
“If employers break the law, they not only harm workers, but also reduce fair competition between businesses.
“Regular name-calling rounds will be a useful tool in raising awareness about underpaying and helping to protect minimum wage workers.”
Scottish companies on the list
THIS are all the Scottish companies that are on the HMRC list for not paying minimum wage to the lowest paid workers.:
- Loganair Limited, Paisley, PA3, failed to pay £24367 to 43 workers.
- OMI Facility Ltd, Glasgow, G4, did not pay £20622.77 to 9 workers.
- Macdonald Hotels (Management) Limited, Bathgate, EH48, failed to pay £16111.76 to 64 workers.
- Baxterstory Scotland Limited, Livingston, EH54, failed to pay £13618.29 to 186 workers.
- Arnold Clark Automotive Ltd, Glasgow, G52, failed to pay £12215.56 to 48 workers.
- Park Hotel Ayrshire Limited, Kilmarnock, KA1, failed to pay £10088.99 to 129 workers.
- Top Nails Livingston Ltd. – Dissolved 9/28/21, Livingston, EH54, non-payment of £9266.4 for 5 workers.
- M1 Valet Center Ltd – Dissolved on 11/12/2019, Glasgow, G42, failed to pay £7807.71 to 3 workers.
- House of Bruar Limited, Perth, PH18, failed to pay £5543.8 to 57 workers.
- Tenpin (Scotland) Limited, trading as Pro Bowl Glenrothes, Glenrothes, KY7, failed to pay £5174.65 to a worker.
- The Royal Northern & Clyde Yacht Club, Helensburgh, G84, did not pay £4426.73 to a worker.
- Inveraray Inn Limited, trading as The George Hotel, Inveraray, PA32, failed to pay £2933.93 to 25 workers.
- OMI Management Ltd, Glasgow, G4, failed to pay £1983.23 for 2 workers.
- Ms. Patricia Jervis, trading as Bumble Beez, Dunfermline, KY12, failed to pay £1768.87 to 7 workers.
- Sahara Global Ltd, trading as A1 Hand Car Wash, Dundee, DD1, did not pay £1087.87 to four workers.
- Portal Security Ltd, Glasgow, G67, failed to pay £927.61 to 55 workers.
- LDH Hotels Limited, trading as The Tongue Hotel, Lairg, IV27, failed to pay £771.48 to 11 workers.
- Ms. Claire Frances, trading as Claire Frances Hairdressing, Glasgow, G3, did not pay £739.02 to a worker.
- Social Care Alba Ltd, Edinburgh, EH8, failed to pay £650.38 to 8 workers.
We pay for your stories and videos! Do you have a story or video for the Scottish Sun? Email us at email@example.com or call 0141 420 5200