Genshin Impact Ganyu build: Best weapons, artifacts, teams
GANYU is one of Genshin Impact’s most recognizable characters, and she’s incredibly good at dealing damage.
Her banner recently returned to the game, which means more people have her on their teams than ever before.
If you’ve got your banner and are wondering how best to use the Cryo Archer, here’s everything you need to know.
These are the best builds for Ganyu in Genshin Impact.
Best weapons for Ganyu in Genshin Impact
Ganyu’s power comes from her powerful charged attacks that deal cryo damage across the area.
Elemental Reactions are required to maximize her damage, so she works best on teams that focus on Melting or Freezing.
The Ibis Piercer is a new weapon introduced as part of the Genius Invocation event.
It has Attack % as its main attribute and has the Favor of Secret Wisdom as a passive ability that increases the wearer’s Elemental Mastery.
Another of their best weapons is the Five Star Weapon Amos’ bowwhich increases the attack and damage of both basic and charged attacks by 40%.
Alternatively, the five-star loop hunter path Increases damage of all elements by 12% and can increase charged shot damage by up to 160% based on elemental mastery.
In theory, it can do more damage than Amos’ bow, but you need to make sure your artifacts have the right stats.
Other strong weapons for Ganyu are:
- Aqua Simulacra (Five Star Bow) – Increases Critical Damage, HP and Attack.
- sky harp (Five Star Bow) – increases critical hit rate and critical damage. Also deals additional physical damage.
- Prototype Crescent (Four Star Bow) – increases attack and increases speed and attack when hitting weak points with charged attacks. A good free-to-play option.
- Hamayumi (Four Star Bow) – increases attack, especially when fully charged with energy. A good free-to-play option.
Best artifacts for Ganyu in Genshin Impact Ganyu
Which artifacts you choose depends on whether you want to use Ganyu on a Melt or Freeze team.
On a melting team, Ganyu does best with a full set Shimenawa’s memories.
Two pieces increases Attack by 18%, and four pieces converts elemental energy into a 50% damage bonus to basic and charged attacks.
Wanderer Squad is another good set for Ganyu. Two pieces increase elemental mastery, and four pieces increase charged shot damage.
Freeze teams can use a full set Blizzard Stray. Two pieces increase cryo damage by 15% and four pieces improve critical hit rate by 20% on targets suffering from cryo effects.
In all of these cases, pay attention to the following statistical distribution:
- Feather: Attack (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Attack %, Elemental Mastery (sub-stats).
- flower: HP (main stats), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Attack %, Elemental Mastery (sub-stats).
- sand: Attack % (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Energy Charge, Elemental Mastery (sub-stats).
- chalice: Cryo Damage % (main stats), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Attack %, Energy Charge (sub-stats).
- Ripe: Critical Damage or Critical Hit Rate (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Attack %, Energy Charge (sub-statistic).
Best Teams for Ganyu in Genshin Impact Ganyu
A strong melting team for Ganyu could be:
- ganyu (Main DPS), Xiangling (Sub DPS), Kazuha (Support), bennett (Support).
Here, Ganyu uses her Charged Attack and Elemental Blast to deal damage and create cryo effects.
Xiangling provides the pyro power for melt reactions that deal large amounts of damage. Kazuha groups enemies and reduces their resistance, causing enemies to take more damage.
Bennett will help keep Ganyu alive and add additional pyro effects.
In contrast, a freezing team with Ganyu might look like this:
- ganyu (Main DPS), kokomi (Sub DPS/Support), Mona (Support), Kazuha (Support).
Here, Mona will provide the necessary hydro damage for Ganyu to then freeze.
Kokomi takes on multiple roles. She heals the team, empowers them with water power, and deals extra damage with her elemental blast.
Kazuha takes on the same role as in the smelting team, which means the enemy takes more damage.
Written by Marco Wutz and Georgina Young on behalf of GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.
All the latest gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks for your favorite consoles and games? We are here for you…
Get all the news about PS5, Xbox and other video games here