There has been much confusion over possible charges against former President Donald Trump in the Georgia election interference case.
Reuters reported on Monday that a document setting out the allegations against Mr Trump was released and then removed from Fulton County’s website.
Mr Trump then used the document to solicit donations from his supporters on the grounds that he was being denied due process.
The Fulton County Clerk of Superior and Magistrate Courts’ office then issued a statement Monday afternoon saying a “fictitious” document had been shared online.
The office said they “learned about a fictitious document that was circulating online and reported by various media outlets in connection with the Fulton County Special Purpose Grand Jury.”
“Although no related documents were filed today, all members of the media should be reminded that documents that do not bear an official case number, filing date and official court clerk’s name are not considered official filings and should not be treated as such,” he said the court.
They added that “media members can expect real-time updates on all submissions and access to submissions through fair communication.”
“As the official custodian of various county records, the Court Clerk recognizes the sensitivity of all court records, particularly those receiving the nationwide spotlight, and remains committed to operating with the utmost levels of efficiency, accuracy and transparency. ‘ said the court.
A spokesman for the district attorney’s office previously told Reuters that was the case news agencies The report “that these charges have been brought is incorrect.” Beyond that, we cannot comment.”
In an email to his supporters asking for money amid his mounting legal woes, Trump ranted and raved about allegedly “accidentally” pressing charges against him.
In an email to his supporters, Mr Trump appeared to have an opposite version of events as the court: “As reported by Reuters, the Fulton County District Attorney inadvertently filed charges against me in connection with the Georgia witch hunt – and then they.” removed from the list.” the court’s website!”
“These charges were brought BEFORE the grand jury officially voted,” he claimed, despite the court’s testimony. “But don’t worry – even if they deleted the evidence, we still have a RECORD!
“The grand jury testimony isn’t even FINISHED yet – but it’s clear that the district attorney has already decided how this case will end. They’re trying to take away my right to due process,” Trump added.
“This is an absolute SHAME. These fanatical left-wing prosecutors are not concerned with uncovering the truth. They are not about administering justice or upholding the rule of law,” the former president said.
“They want me to be BEHIND GROSS as an innocent man for the rest of my life and will do anything in their power to get their way. “I still can’t believe this is happening in the United States of America,” Trump wrote to his supporters.
“Our country is being ruined by the most incompetent and corrupt people in history. We MUST save America – and 2024 really is our last chance,” he claimed.
“America needs YOU more than ever,” the president said in the email, before soliciting donations. “Please do your bit to show that you will NEVER abandon our country to tyranny while Deep State thugs try to jail me for life.”