The summer transfer window is closed for the big leagues in Europe. But looking ahead to January, there are a lot of rumors circulating about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Asensio, Griezmann, Pulisic on Juve’s wish list
Juventus have put together a three-man shortlist to step up their attack in January, Gazzetta dello Sport write.
That Bianconeri have also been linked to Chelsea Christian Pulisic and now two LaLiga stars – Atletico Madrids Anton Griezmann and Real Madrid’s Marco Asensio – are on the wish list of Serie A.
Like Pulisic, Griezmann and Asensio have struggled at their respective clubs and are keen to find regular playing time. Griezmann, 31, has started once in LaLiga for Atletico while winger Asensio, 26, has only played 48 minutes in all competitions.
Griezmann is in the middle of a financial row between Atletico and Barcelona, where he is on a two-year loan. With Griezmann playing more than 45 minutes in 30 of the 37 games he was available for last season, Barca believe Atletico must now sign him for €40m. Atletico, meanwhile, claim Griezmann must play more than 45 minutes in 50% of the games he is eligible for over two seasons, not just one, for the clause to come into effect.
Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is keen to strengthen his squad afterwards Paulo Dybala and Dejan Kulusevski left earlier this year, and with Angel of Mary Out of contract in 2023, they’ve made progress narrowing down possible options.
08.15 CET: The Daily Mail reports that Manchester City are planning talks with Manchester City Bernhard Silva to see where he sees his future.
The Portugal international has been linked with a move to Barcelona in recent transfer windows but no deal has materialized so far.
The 28-year-old has a contract that runs until the summer of 2025 but an £80million transfer offer is likely to seal his exit.
Talks will take place over the next few months to avoid another summer of speculation. City want the midfielder to make it clear whether he wants to stay in the Premier League or move to LaLiga.
– Inter Milan and Juventus are discussing a possible swap deal of defenders Stefan de Vrij and Juan Cuadrado, after Calciomercato. De Vrij, 30, and Cuadrado, 34, are both out of contract in the summer and the latest suggest the clubs could start talks when the winter transfer window opens.
– Proposed according to reports Martin ZubimendShould I be offered a new five-year contract by Real Sociedad, Sport write that Barcelona could end their interest in the 23-year-old midfielder. The Catalans continue to search the market for a possible replacement Sergio Busquetsbut with Zubimendi’s new deal believed to include a €90m release clause that Blaugrana have to look elsewhere now.
– Talks about a new deal for Karim Benzema have reached the final stages, reports Nicol Shira. The 34-year-old forward has been in talks with Real Madrid since his impressive season last season. Reports from the summer suggest they intend to sign him until 2024. Despite this, he has scored three LaLiga goals this season and has been out injured for most of September.
– Real Madrid are yet to close the door on a potential signing Kylian Mbappe or Erling Haland in the future, reports El Chiringuito TV. Haaland, 22, joined Manchester City from Borussia Dortmund in the summer while Mbappe, 23, turned down a move in favor of staying at Paris Saint-Germain.
– Arsenal will make a third approach for Aston Villa star Douglas Luis, like the sun. The Gunners tried to sign the 24-year-old on deadline day earlier this month but with Villa set, reports now suggest Mikel Arteta still sees him as a priority signing as he looks to bolster his options in midfield.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4756233/transfer-talk-atletico-madrids-griezmannreals-asensiochelseas-pulisic-on-juventus-wishlist Griezmann, Pulisic on Juventus’ wishlist