The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Christian Pulisic’s move to Man United could depend on Harry Maguire swap
Chelsea made a shock request Harry Maguire‘s availability amid growing doubts about the centre-back’s future at Manchester United, according to a report by The Daily Mail. The England international has been the subject of much criticism lately but is of interest to the Blues as they struggle to secure a deal for Leicester City Wesley Fofana.
Chelsea have even floated the idea of Maguire moving to Stamford Bridge in a swap deal that would see the US captain Christian Pulisic drive to Old Trafford. As reported by ESPN’s James Olley earlier this week, Manchester United have expressed interest in the 23-year-old Pulisic on a potential loan deal.
Pulisic is expected to be in talks with Chelsea over his future, among which Pulisic could be pushing to leave the club despite having two years left on his contract. This comes as Pulisic has been pushed around at Chelsea and is irrelevant to manager Thomas Tuchel’s plans ahead of November’s World Cup.
Fofana remains the priority signing for Tuchel’s side, with growing optimism a deal could be finalized after the Frenchman asked to be left out of Leicester’s squad to face Southampton on Saturday. Still, Chelsea’s interest in Maguire is seen as a very interesting development as it raises the question of whether the 29-year-old fits into Erik ten Hag’s plans or not.
The report even suggests that Maguire might not face Liverpool on Monday was seriously considered. That comes with Raphael Varane They were pushing for a place in the team after watching from the bench as United made a terrible start to the season, losing to Brighton & Hove Albion and Brentford.
– ESPN+ Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
09.00 CET: Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign the Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro for £60m, with a further £10m in performance-related add-ons, but is he the player to save the club?
Casemiro, 30, is widely regarded as one of the best defensive midfielders in the world and has won almost everything there is to win at Madrid after joining from Sao Paulo in 2013.
With just over 500 career appearances (and 47 goals), the Brazil international has won the Copa Sudamericana (2012) with Sao Paulo and many other trophies with Madrid including; three La Liga titles (2017, 2020, 2022); a King’s Cup (2014); three Spanish Super Cups (2017, 2020, 2022); five UEFA Champions Leagues (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022); three UEFA Super Cups (2016, 2017, 2022); three FIFA Club World Cups (2016, 2017, 2018.)
With Brazil – for whom he has 63 caps – he has won a Copa America (2019), as well as the South American U-17 Championship (2009), the South American U-20 Championship (2011) and the FIFA U-20 World Cup ( 2011) in the youth field.
So what can Man United expect?
– Everything you need to know about Man United’s Casemiro
PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)
– Paris Saint-Germain still have dreams of signing midfielders from Manchester City Bernhard Silva, according to L’Equipe. The Ligue 1 champions are struggling with difficult negotiations but have returned as Luis Campos wanted to sign him and Christophe Galtier felt he would have liked to have had the Portugal international available for Sunday’s game in Lille.
– Barcelona want to bring in a new right-back and Foot Mercato have suggested that Stade Rennais’ Hamari Traore is one of the players they are considering for this position. He has attracted interest from Borussia Dortmund, Eintracht Frankfurt, Crystal Palace and clubs in Qatar this summer but none have taken any action, meaning Barcelona would have little competition if they opted for the Mali international.
– West Ham United finalize deal for Chelsea left-back Emerson Palmierireported Fabrizio Romano, adding the two clubs are ready to agree a fee of £13m plus £2m. The Italy international will now discuss personal terms ahead of a permanent departure from Stamford Bridge, with some details yet to be settled at the weekend before a deal can be finalized.
– Aston Villa have contacted Southampton about a possible transfer for the centre-back Jan Bednarek after Diego Carlos’ injury, reports The Athletic. The Saints are ready to let the Poland international go this summer, although there could be competition for Villa as he has received interest from across Europe.
– Negotiations between Club America and LAFC are ongoing Brian Rodriguezas reported by Tom Bogert. The two clubs are getting closer but have yet to reach an agreement. The final deal is expected to be in the region of $6 million to $7 million, with a clause making LAFC entitled to a portion of any funds raised from a future move.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4725289/live-transfer-talk-harry-maguire-christian-pulisic-swap-between-chelsea-and-manchester-united-could-be-a-summer-shock Harry Maguire-Christian Pulisic swap between Chelsea and Manchester United could be a summer shock