A “GANG” tried to snatch a child from a car in horrific scenes before police arrested three people, including a boy, for the alleged kidnapping.
Officers responded to reports of a riot on Castle Lane East in Bournemouth around 6.51pm on Friday.
A woman was reportedly approaching the junction near the Royal Bournemouth Hospital in her car when two people exited another vehicle.
The duo, who police said were known to the driver, attempted to unbuckle the seat belt of a small child in the front passenger seat.
It was also alleged that threats had been made against the woman.
The suspects did not take the child.
They are understood to have returned to their car and headed towards Iford.
Dorset Police launched an investigation which led to the arrest of a 40-year-old man from Christchurch.
He was accused of making death threats and violating the ban on harassment.
He is due to appear in Poole Magistrates’ Court today.
A 15-year-old boy and a 30-year-old man, also both from Christchurch, have been arrested on suspicion of attempted kidnapping.
They have been released on bail pending investigations.
Detective Constable Abbie Hawker of Bournemouth Criminal Police said: “We are continuing to investigate the full circumstances of this incident which has reportedly involved people all known to each other and we are seeking to speak to independent witnesses.”
“We would also like to ask all motorists who were in the area on Friday night, August 18, 2023 to review all dashcam footage to see if they recorded anything that may assist our investigation.”
The police are now asking for witnesses.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police website or by calling 101 and quoting the event number 55230130829.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.