TEMU has taken the world of internet shopping by storm.
Here’s everything you need to know about the online megastore that made its way to the UK.
What is Temu?
Temu is a popular Chinese-owned digital marketplace that launched last year and is reportedly on track to overtake Shein and Amazon.
It is currently the number one free shopping app on both Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store.
Customers can purchase almost any product imaginable at the Megastore, including accessories, apparel, small appliances, patio furniture, power tools, baby clothes, and much more.
Temu’s most outstanding feature is that most of their items are bizarrely cheap.
Sunglasses start at £1.50, jewelery from £70p and clothes under £4.
Temu’s parent company is PDD Holdings, a multinational trading conglomerate headquartered in Dublin, Ireland – but pinpointing the exact origins of the online giant has been notoriously difficult.
Is Temu legit?
Since Temu’s popularity started to rise, everyone has been wondering if they are real or not.
Most of the products on Temu are genuine and you will likely receive them within a few weeks – however, they may look a little different than you imagined.
Many customer reviews state that the quality is usually “lower than expected”.
But while the quality may be a godsend, Temu offers its customers a credit for packages purchased with standard shipping that arrive later than originally stated.
In some cases, customers have left rave reviews on Temu items and have been pleasantly surprised by the quality.
If you receive your items and they arrive not as advertised online, damaged or not at all, your order is eligible for Temu’s Purchase Protection Program.
The program guarantees your money back with a full refund if you return your items within 90 days of purchase.
How to sell on Temu?
Selling on Temu is extremely easy – which may explain its increasing popularity.
Here’s how you can start selling your items on the digital marketplace:
- Register: Register as a vendor on Temu’s platform and enter the required information about your business.
- List your products: Upload your products to the platform along with high-quality images, descriptions, and pricing information.
- Optimize your offers: Leverage Temus insights and customer feedback to optimize your offers and respond to customer preferences to increase sales opportunities.
- Monitor your sales and performance: Temu provides various tools and analytics to help you track your sales and performance, and make data-driven decisions to improve your business.
- Provide Great Customer Service: Respond quickly to customer inquiries and resolve any issues quickly to build trust and encourage repeat business.
Where does Temu ship from?
Products are shipped to buyer’s door directly from their manufacturers in China and other countries.
Like Shein, AliExpress, and Wish, Temu promotes products at cheap prices due to lower manufacturing and labor costs in China.
Temu’s access to the Pinduoduo factory network and broader supply chain helps Temu offer these unbeatable prices.
However, a 2022 investigation found that Temu used cotton from the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region where China has held Uyghurs in camps.