WHEN it comes to beauty, there is only one rule to live by – never cheat on your lady, whether it’s eyelashes, nails or hair.
However, one woman did – and now she must face the dire consequences.
Beauty enthusiast Betti Ladams (@bettiladams) warned others not to make the same mistake she did and took to TikTok to show how bad things got.
In her eyes, the gorgeous blonde revealed in her video that she would walk out of the salon with a classic design – almond nails with glossy baby pink polish.
But alas, the result could not have been further from their expectations.
Instead of a fancy manicure, Betti was left with a thick coat of nail polish, which also tipped up and didn’t look the way she’d wanted.
In fact, the young blonde, who is believed to be from the US, was so disappointed in what was leaving her that she vowed never to cheat on her nail lady again.
To make matters worse, Betti claimed that the nail genius had the guts to blame her — apparently it was Betti’s fingers that made the design impossible to achieve.
Ashamed of the total failure, Betti then sought help on TikTok and asked, “What’s the easiest way for me to take them off…”
With over 2.4 million views in just four days, the clip took the social media platform by storm and thousands were horrified by what they had just seen.
One user wrote, “I gasped… lol hope you didn’t pay for this cutie.”
“The woman was too stunned to speak,” added a second.
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 Bonus and 30 Free Spins when you spend £10 today
But among the millions of viewers were those who, like the beauty guru, insisted it’s all about Betti’s nail beds.
One expert claimed, “Due to your nail beds, you can’t achieve this look unless you get them super long to achieve the narrow almond look.”
Another agreed, writing, “The hand in the picture definitely has long nail beds which is why it looks so different.”
But luckily for Betti, things could have been a lot worse – she could have ended up like an Aussie who could lose her thumb after a technician made a horrible mistake.
Sue, 48, from Perth, Australia, had a manicure at a local beauty salon.
When she sat down for the treatment, Sue said the technician mistook her natural nails for artificial acrylic nails.
The technician began filing Sue’s nails with a tool before soaking them in acetone to remove what the technician thought were extensions.
Speaking to Nine News, Sue said, “I told them it’s my actual nails, but they still sharpened them.”
After the treatment, Sue contracted a bacteria called staph, which lives harmlessly on the skin, often in the nose, armpits and buttocks, according to the NHS.
However, it can cause infection if it enters the body through a bite or cut, and can be spread through close skin contact, sharing things like towels or toothbrushes, and exposure to droplets when you cough and sneeze, which the NHS says is less common .
After her infection, Sue said she spent five days in hospital after finding out part of her thumb bone needed to be removed.
She said: “It’s really throbbing and you can’t get out of it.
“You wouldn’t go to a dirty dentist, so why would you go to a dirty nail salon?”
Doctors told Sue the worst-case scenario is that she loses her thumb and she is now demanding compensation as she claims hygiene rules were not followed.
https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/7024807/nail-fail-cheat-wrong-design/ I cheated on my nail lady & it was a big mistake… the new one did me so dirty & even had the nerve to blame me