I’m a royal expert – find out if you’re a mastermind of monarchy with my 50 questions – how many can you get right?
ARE you a thought leader of the monarchy?
Legendary The Sun photographer Arthur Edwards has covered the royal family for more than 40 years.
He asked 50 questions to find out if you’ll be crowned royal know-it-all.
LIFE & TIMES
1. Which current royal stepped away from the limelight and taught music at a primary school in Hull for 13 years?
2. Queen Elizabeth’s parents were known as the Duke and Duchess of what at the time of her birth.
3. Who was the last royal to die on active military service?
4. Which royal spent most of his childhood in Australia?
5. Why was King Charles’ 2005 wedding to Camilla Parker Bowles pushed back a day?
6. Which country was Elizabeth II visiting when she found out she had become queen?
7. What are the names of the late Princess Margaret’s two children?
8th. What infamous television spectacle did Prince Edward organize in 1987?
9. In what year did Edward VIII abdicate?
10 What are the names of Harry and Meghan, Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s children?
11. In what year was King Charles officially ‘installed’ as Prince of Wales at a ceremony at Caernarfon Castle?
12. What harsh boarding school did King Charles attend in Scotland, which he reportedly referred to as “Colditz in Kilts”?
13. What was the nickname of Coronation Day leading up to the Queen’s big day in 1953?
14 Which actress was the first to play Queen Elizabeth II on stage?
fifteen. Which Prime Minister sent the Queen rubber gloves as a gift after noticing that she was washing dishes with her bare hands in Balmoral?
16 What planned extension to a public building was described by then-Prince Charles in a speech in 1984 as “a monstrous carbuncle in the face of a well-loved and elegant friend”?
17 What year did the Queen describe as her “annus horribilis”?
18 What was the name of the intruder who managed to break into the Queen’s bedroom at Buckingham Palace in 1982?
19 On a rare visit to London for Queen Mary’s funeral in 1953, who described the royals as “a seedy bunch of witches”?
20 How old was the king when his mother was crowned in 1953?
21 For which high street fashion retailer did Catherine, Princess of Wales once work?
22 Which dukes were responsible for organizing coronation ceremonies since 1386?
23 What kind of dog do the new Prince and Princess of Wales have?
24 Which cocktail is said to have been the Queen and Queen Mother’s favourite?
25 Why did Royal Sun photographer Arthur Edwards’ 1980 photo of Diana in the kindergarten where she worked cause such a stir?
26 How old was the Queen when she first appeared on the cover of Time Magazine?
27 Which royal rebuffed an alleged kidnapper by telling him: “Damn it!”
28 Charles came very close to death in 1988 – what happened?
29 Which member of the royal family was the last viceroy of India?
30 What item was gold plated to sit on the crown worn by Charles at his inauguration as Prince of Wales?
1. What is the name of Queen Consort Camilla’s first husband?
2. What was the name of the RAF officer whom Princess Margaret was forbidden to marry?
3. What year did then-Prince Charles marry Lady Diana Spencer?
4. What was the name of Princess Alexandra of Kent’s husband?
5. Which American actress and model dated Prince Andrew in the early 80’s?
6. What is the name of the Zimbabwean woman Prince Harry dated before Meghan Markle?
7. Which of the Queen’s first cousins gave up their place in the line of succession to marry a divorced Catholic woman?
8th. At which university did Prince William and Kate Middleton meet?
9. Whose royal wedding was televised first?
10 Which animal did the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh accompany on their honeymoon?
1. Which king spent six weeks on the run as a young man and traveled around England disguised as a servant?
2. What was the name of the artist who painted the most famous portraits of Henry VIII?
3. What was the name of the battlefield on which Richard III. was killed?
4. Who was the first monarch of the Tudor dynasty?
5. Which king died in captivity at Yorkshire’s Pontefract Castle?
6. What king did Shakespeare write three plays about?
7. Which king has both Laurence Olivier and Kenneth Branagh played on the big screen?
8th. Who was the monarch who approved the charter of rights known as the Magna Carta?
9. The feud between which king and the Archbishop of Canterbury Thomas Becket resulted in the murder of the churchman in Canterbury Cathedral?
10 How many children did Queen Victoria have?
ROYAL QUIZ ANSWERS
1. Catherine, Duchess of Kent. 2. York 3. Prince George, Duke of Kent – younger brother of Edward VIII and George VI. 4. Princess Michael of Kent. 5. So that he could attend the funeral of Pope John Paul II. 6. Kenya. 7. David Armstrong-Jones and Sarah Chatto 8. It’s A Royal Knockout – officially known as The Grand Knockout Tournament. 9. 1936 10. Archie and Lilibet. 11. 1969 12. Gordonstoun 13. C-Day 14. Prunella Scales in Alan Bennett’s play A Question of Attribution. 15. Margaret Thatcher 16. The National Gallery, London. 17. 1992 18. Michael Fagan 19. The exiled Duke of Windsor – former Edward VIII – in a letter to his wife Wallis Simpson 20. Four 21. Puzzle 22. The Dukes of Norfolk. 23. A black cocker spaniel 24. Dubonnet and gin. 25. Her skirt was backlit, revealing the outlines of her legs. 26. Three. 27. Princess Anne. 28. An avalanche in Switzerland missed him on foot, killing a friend at his ski party. 29.Lord Louis Mountbatten. 30. A ping pong ball.
1. Andrew Parker-Bowles. 2. Peter Townsend. 3. 1981 4. Angus Ogilvy. 5. Ko Strong. 6. Chelsy Davy. 7. Prince Michael of Kent. 8. University of St Andrews. 9. Princess Margaret’s marriage to Antony Armstrong-Jones in 1960. 10. Her Corgi Susan.
1. Charles II. 2. Hans Holbein. 3. Bosworth. 4. Henry VII. 5. Richard II. 6. Henry VI. 7. Henry V. 8. King John. 9. Henry II. 10. Nine
https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/7245096/royal-expert-monarchy-quiz-questions/ I’m a royal expert – find out if you’re a mastermind of monarchy with my 50 questions – how many can you get right?