A HOUSE inspector has shared a shocking video of problems found in a newly built home.
Ranging from a leaky toilet to rickety stairs, problems in what counts as a lovely new abode are unacceptable, according to New Home Quality Control.
The video on TikTok went viral as it showed a lot of the problems found in the property.
The video reads: “This mining hood is completely loose.
“We also have a giant chip in this sink… would you like to add some salt and vinegar to that?”
In the bathroom, a brick pole cap popped out just below, a PVC pipe missing a valve.
They continued: “The toilet seems to be leaking. The developer needs to investigate and find out where the leak is coming from.”
Inspectors were also shocked to discover fake vents on the exterior brickwork, which they called “shocking”.
Fake vents are one way many construction companies overlook – and if left undetected, it can cause major damage from damp, according to one moisture-proof expert.
Another toilet in the house was running and bubbling, as the inspector joked: “This toilet is trying to tell us something. What’s your secret?”
One of the walls is tilted by 21 mm – 13 mm more than the legal limit.
The protective glove on the bottom of the metal garage door remains intact, retaining water – something inspectors said could corrode if left unnoticed.
Seeing a door with hideous holes, they said, “Break the door again. Drill the hinge incorrectly. Why not fix it?”
The new build made a mistake that terrified TikTok viewers.
One person commented: “It’s hard to make a wall straight from top to bottom. All the houses I’ve lived in have had this problem!”
Another said: “I’ve seen toddlers have better construction skills and their tools and plastics!”
A stunned viewer asked: “How did the thesis sell like this?”
A group of residents in north London sharedbehind their newly built home – and too bad it can be valued at £0.
Residents said within a few months of the first tenant moving in four years ago, the roof began to leak into the common stairs and the terrace began to let water in, causing water damage to the apartments. .
Locals said the interior and exterior walls of the apartments began to crack, while some windows and doors no longer opened and closed properly.
And the apartments, which sell for between £700,000 and £900,000, are now worth £0, the owners say.
Despite numerous reports of the building cracking, bending and leaking over the years, the insurance company offering a 10-year warranty has yet to cover it.
Jewelry designer Alexandra Druzhinin, 49, who paid £900,000 for her flat, agrees with Daniel’s criticisms.
“We’re totally stuck,” she said. We can’t get out of this.
“I am completely exhausted. Not only did we lose the money we spent buying and renovating the apartment, as well as legal fees – we now risk losing everything we own because we can’t afford insurance.”