Inter Milan, AC Milan left hanging as Trevoh Chalobah looks set for Chelsea stay

The summer transfer window is fast approaching the September 1 deadline and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!

TOP STORY: Chalobah remains in Tuchel’s plans

Inter Milan and AC Milan have been dealt a blow in their transfer ambitions with the news that Chelsea will not allow Trevo Chalobah Get out of that window, according to Sky Sports Italia.

The 23-year-old was reportedly on loan in Serie A to make room Wesley Fofana, with sources telling ESPN a £75million transfer has been agreed with Leicester City. However, Italian sides have been informed that Chalobah will remain in west London this summer after he was in the starting XI in Chelsea’s 2-1 win over Leicester on Saturday.

The England Under-21 international made 31 appearances for the Blues in all competitions last season. However, he was set for less playing time after Thomas Tuchel’s defensive makeover this summer, which also led to the arrival of Kalidou Koulibaly.

Since Chalobah is now unavailable, it is reported that the Nerazzurri will strike a deal with Lazio for Francesco Acerbiwhile the Rossoneri are about to move to Schalke Malick ThiawWith Jafet Tanganga Tottenham Hotspur also a defensive option for Stefano Pioli’s side.

– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (USA)

LIVE BLOG

11.12 CET: Could Liverpool be close to a signing? Frenkie deJong from Barcelona? Not according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.

Barca are keen to sack De Jong before the transfer window closes to sort out his financial woes. Manchester United fell short of an offer to bring the player to Old Trafford earlier this summer, while Chelsea have also been linked. Now Jurgen Klopp is said to be interested after admitting he needs to sign a midfielder before the transfer window closes.

The 25-year-old is said to be happy to stay at the Camp Nou and Romano said in his Caught Offside column that there had been no contact with Liverpool over a potential move.

“So far I have no news on Frenkie de Jong and Liverpool,” said Romano. “From today’s point of view, there are no negotiations underway and I have been repeating since July that unless Frenkie changes his mind, that is to stay at Barca, nothing will change.

“Liverpool’s salary structure also means this isn’t an easy deal. Let’s see if the player changes his mind but I feel Chelsea are really pushing for him.”

10.30 CET: Barcelona could save €8m if they can convince Martin Braithwaite to leave the club this week, Marca report.

The forward is completing a €2.5m season at the Camp Nou. So if they can get him to terminate his contract they will save €5m in salaries and another €3m due on their accounts from his transfer from Leganes in 2020.

Braithwaite is reported to be awaiting a €5m severance package for the two years he still has on his contract. It remains to be seen whether the two parties can reach an agreement before Thursday’s transfer deadline. He must be a free agent before the window closes to be able to switch clubs after this point.

09.42 CET: Manchester City boss pep Guardiola has been told he has £100million to spend in January if there’s a player to stand out at the World Cup, reports The Sun.

The World Cup in Qatar starts on Sunday November 20th and lasts until Sunday December 18th. When the transfer window reopens on Sunday 1st January there is sure to be a rush for the star players.

City are unlikely to make any more signings in this window – after they bring in Erling Haland, Calvin Phillips, Sergio Gomez and Julian Alvarez — hold back a bit if Guardiola sees a player he likes.

09.00 CET: Football Insider reports that Liverpool have reached a verbal agreement with Borussia Dortmund to sign the England midfielder Jew Bellingham — but it will not move in this window.

Bellingham, 19, joined Dortmund from Birmingham City two years ago and has become one of the most sought-after players in Europe. He has already won 15 caps for England and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has been following him for months.

The report says Liverpool are most likely to sign Bellingham next summer but it could be brought forward to January if Klopp is desperate for midfield reinforcements in the winter window.

PAPER GOSSIP

Martin Dubravka has asked Newcastle United to allow him to join Manchester United amid loan deal negotiations, Sky Sports report. The 33-year-old goalkeeper has extensive Premier League experience and has made 127 appearances for the Magpies but lost his regular spot this season following the arrival of Nick Pope from Burnley. Manager Erik ten Hag wants to compete with David De Gea with Eintracht Frankfurt Kevin Trap already snubbed a move to Old Trafford.

– Chelsea are considering a huge payout for Ross Barkley to leave the club, according to The Sun. The England international has not been given a squad number for this season and it is reported that Blues owner Todd Boehly is considering offering a severance deal. However, this will reportedly cost the Blues a significant fee as Barkley earns £200,000 a week on a contract that expires next summer.

– Stuttgart have rejected Wolves’ opening offer Sasa Kalajdzicwrites Sky Sports Germany. The Bundesliga club rejected a transfer offer of 15 million euros – including additional services that were difficult to realise. Stuttgart has almost 25 million euros ready for the Austrian international.

– West Ham have secured a five-year deal for Lyon Luke Paqueta, reports The Athletic. The Hammers are paying €43m with an additional €17m in bonuses for the 25-year-old midfielder. The Brazil international who has 18 goals and 12 assists in Ligue 1 Les Goneswill soon undergo a medical in London as David Moyes looks to improve his squad after losing his first three Premier League games this season.

– Real Madrid demand a final decision from Marco Asensio ahead of a potential move to the Premier League, according to the Sunday Mirror. It is reported that the 26-year-old wants to leave the Bernabeu this summer to secure more games ahead of the World Cup and he has refused to sign a new deal as his current deal expires in 11 months. Arsenal are said to be the main interest ahead of rivals Tottenham and Manchester United.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4731632/transfer-talk–internazionaleac-milan-left-hanging-as-trevoh-chalobah-looks-set-for-chelsea-stay Inter Milan, AC Milan left hanging as Trevoh Chalobah looks set for Chelsea stay

Emma Bowman

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button