LOS ANGELES — Jay Leno has been discharged from hospital after undergoing surgery for burns he sustained in a gasoline fire, officials said Monday.
Leno spent 10 days at the Grossman Burn Center after suffering burns to his face, chest and hands in a fire at his home garage earlier this month.
The 72-year-old is an avid car collector and was working under a vehicle when it was burned earlier this month.
Leno thanked the staff before leaving the facility in the first photo since he suffered those injuries.
Doctors who treated him said they were optimistic that Leno would make a full recovery. Leno is being treated at the Grossman Burns Ambulance.
“Jay wants everyone to know how grateful he is for the care he has received and he really appreciates all the well wishes. He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.” The hospital said in a statement.
DEVELOPMENT: We will add more details to this report as they become available.
Copyright © 2022 KABC Television, LLC. All rights reserved.
https://6abc.com/jay-leno-burns-released-from-hospital-surgery/12478515/ Jay Leno released from Grossman Burn Center after 10-day stay at facility for severe burns