Knockout City developer Velan Studios announced back in February that its dodgeball multiplayer game would be free to play. Today this free-to-play version of Knockout City was released. Also, Season 6 is now live as well.
The new season is called City of Tomorrow, and it sees the Super-Science Symposium back in town, and scientists from around the world compete in dodgeball to showcase their wildest inventions. With the new tech from these scientists comes a lot of new toys for dodgeballers to play with, meaning players can try lots of new things like a new special ball, hideout updates, new crew vehicles, and a new Brawl Pass with features a crossover underneath us.
Check out the new season’s reveal trailer below:
Here’s a look at what to expectdirectly from Velan Studios:
- A new ball: Boomerang Ball – This fancy turquoise dodgeball will be appearing in the special ball rotation starting today. When players are hit, it flies backwards on its wings, ready for another throw. If they hit a wall, they get another try. If there are no teammates around, they can pass it onto a solid surface and it will bounce back with Overcharge. But you have to be careful because all these attacks can be caught by other players and turned against them.
- Hideout Updates – Welcome to the new and improved Hideout! Players will find some new distractions to keep their crewmates occupied between games, from football and basketball inspired minigames to new ways to decorate and show off your crew pride, new audio tracks for your jukebox and several new places to hang.
- concept cars – Crews can show they’re up to par by rolling into battle in a brand new Crew vehicle type. First seen at the S3, these eye-catching prototypes have a seriously futuristic vibe. Players can find several new Crew Vehicles in the Brawl Shop, Brawl Pass, and elsewhere in City of Tomorrow.
- Starfruit Special Energy Drink – Players who try the newest energy drink on the menu, Starfruit Special, will receive bonus XP for an hour each time they hit a special ball. It’s the energy drink of choice when playing Party Team KO as it’s Special Balls all the time.
- League Match Rewards – In league play, players brawl with the best and brightest in Knockout City using team KO rules. Players earn City of Tomorrow’s best rewards as they climb the ranks. Each tier from Bronze to Diamond brings end-of-season rewards such as Player Icons, Holobux, Energy Drinks, Style Chips, and exclusive cosmetics only unlocked here…not to mention a shiny new trophy to proudly display in your Stash Trophy can present case.
- Brawl Pass – After a brief sabbatical, the Brawl Pass is back and packed with cosmetic unlocks and a highly entertaining Among Us crossover. By earning XP and completing Brawl Pass contracts, players will earn a massive collection of professorial pep that can only be unlocked during City of Tomorrow. Players can use their holobux for the Premium Pass to unlock a wider range of cosmetics and more contracts to speed up their unlocks.
- New street rank: Chrome Street Rank – At the very end after Diamond Level 100, a whole new Street Rank tier has been added – we call it Chrome Street Rank! Every Brawler in Knockout City now has 100 additional Street Rank tiers to earn XP, unlock Holobux, Style Chips, Energy Drinks, and brand new Chrome Rarities cosmetics!
- Season 6 roadmap – And there’s so much more coming to the City of Tomorrow! Just take a look at this roadmap for the next few months. We begin today with our City of Tomorrow launch event, closely followed by Heroes Reborn. We also have Royale Party and this year’s completely revamped all-new Heatwave event to look forward to, crowned with Midnight Madness!
Speaking of the roadmap for Season 6, here’s a look at it:
Read more game informants Knockout City Review and then find out why game informants Favorite sport game 2021.
Excited to visit Knockout City today? Let us know in the comments below!
https://www.gameinformer.com/psa/2022/06/01/knockout-city-is-officially-free-to-play-season-6-now-live Knockout City Is Officially Free-To-Play, Season 6 Now Live