Months after being beaten in the race to win the Academy Award for Best Actress Gucci house, Lady Gaga tried to return to the award conversation. On Tuesday, she revealed “Hold My Hand,” her powerful ballad from the long-awaited soundtrack. Top Gun: Maverickin theaters on May 27.
“When I wrote this song for Top Gun: MaverickI didn’t even realize the many layers that stretched across the heart of the film, my own soul, and the nature of the world we live in,” Gaga wrote on Twitter. “I’ve been working on it for years, perfecting it, trying to make it ours.”
The sequel to Tom CruiseThe 1986 classic has been delayed several times, with some of the most recent flops due to the pandemic. When producing music with Bloodpop and Benjamin RiceGaga said she wanted to create “a song where we share our deep need to both be understood and try to understand each other – the desire to be close when we feel too far away, and the ability to respect each other.” honor the heroes in life.”
Gaga’s song was supposed to play at the end of the movie, which reunites Cruise with Top Guns costar Val Kilmeras well as a new team of pilots, including Miles Teller (playing the son of By Anthony Edwards “Goose”), Glen Powell, Jay Ellis, Manny Jacintoand Monica Barbaros (the franchise’s first female pilot).
First shown at CinemaCon in Las Vegas last week, “Hold My Hand” is reminiscent of ’80s rock hits. Which is appropriate, especially since Tom Whitlock and Giorgio Moroderof “Take My Breath Away”, Top GunsThe persistent theme of Berlin, performed by Berlin, won the trophy for Best Original Song in 1987. Gaga herself won in that category in 2019 for “Shallow” by A star was born.
In her Twitter thread, Gaga also thanked Cruise, the composer Hans Zimmerand director Joseph Kosinski for a “great experience” of working on this track. She added, “This song is a love letter to the world during and after a very difficult time.”
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– The Duchess “Hot Mess” at the center of a 60s sex scandal
– Justice for Girls: Looking back at the program 10 years later
– The Johnny Depp Trial – Amber Heard: How did it come to this?
– Amanda Seyfried wants to take on the role of Elizabeth Holmes
– How the actor of This is us Fairly Paid
– Will Smith banned from accepting Oscars for 10 years after the slap
– by Netflix Ultimatum Offers a brutal twist of realistic romance
– From the Archives: How David Zaslav Became America’s King of Content
– Sign up for the “HWD Daily” newsletter for must-read industry news and awards – plus a special weekly “Awards Insider” issue.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/05/lady-gaga-unveils-her-top-gun-maverick-power-ballad-hold-my-hand Lady Gaga Unveils Her ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Power Ballad, “Hold My Hand”