LIVE Transfer Talk – Barcelona to offer Memphis Depay as makeweight in Jules Kounde deal

The summer transfer window is here and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!

Financially strapped Barcelona continue their pursuit of the Sevilla centre-back Jules Kounde and are considering a potential player swap deal, according to Sport.

Memphis Depay is reportedly the most respected player the Blaugrana are ready to continue as part of a swap that would see Kounde move to the Camp Nou, although he may have to accept a pay cut for the deal to go through.

Depay, 28, contributed 14 goals in 28 LaLiga games for Barca last season but remains linked with an exit from the club this summer.

Julen Lopetegui’s side are believed to be looking for around €65m to part ways with Kounde but the current negotiations for the 23-year-old have left Barcelona short by €20m. Kounde is said to prioritize a move to Xavi Hernandez’s side despite interest from Chelsea.

LIVE BLOG

11.30 CET: Ajax defender Lisandro Martinez has agreed to a €57.37m move to Man United.

play

0:59

Alejandro Moreno discusses whether Lisandro Martinez will succeed at Manchester United.

10.53 CET: West Ham complete with £30m move to sign Chelsea forward – ReadSector Armando Brojasays Fabrizio Romano.

Broja, 20, scored nine goals in 38 games on loan at Southampton last season. The Albania international wants to play football regularly and the two clubs are discussing the final parts of the deal. Chelsea are now expected to sign a new No9 forward this summer after Romelu Lukaku joined Inter Milan on loan.

10.25 CET: Manchester United are ready to turn their attention away from the Barcelona midfielder Frenkie deJongsays the Daily Express.

De Jong, 25, reportedly doesn’t want to join any English club, although sources told ESPN that United have signed a €65m deal (plus €20m in benefits) with Barca.

Instead, United will switch for Wolves Ruben Nevewho could be available for a cheaper transfer fee.

09.53 CET: Matt Turner insists he hasn’t gambled away his USMNT spot by joining Arsenal.

The 28-year-old joined the Gunners from the New England Revolution in a deal worth up to $10 million and started their first friendly of the pre-season on their US team in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Everton in Baltimore Trip.

Aaron Ramsdale has established himself as Arsenal’s first-choice goalkeeper under Mikel Arteta and Turner looks set to face a difficult task driving him off despite being named MLS Goalkeeper of the Year in 2021.

Turner is currently competing with Zack Steffen for the No. 1 jersey on Gregg Berhalter’s side with the World Cup just four months away. Steffen will join Middlesbrough on loan from Manchester City to feature regularly, but Turner believes he can get off to a quick start in north London.

“Opportunities like this for US players are few and far between,” said Turner. “I wouldn’t say I’m worried or it’s a gamble. That’s the obvious progression in my career. Getting a foot in the door overseas is a lot easier said than done. I’ve been doing well in MLS lately played three seasons and that was the first concrete offer I had.

“Consistently playing in MLS didn’t guarantee me a starting XI for the US national team. I had to shake them up to take my game to the next level and playing in the Premier League with these guys has already shown me some massive improvements.

“You have to think about your whole career. You can’t make decisions based on a World Cup. Injuries happen and sporting careers are finite. I wanted to take this game as far as possible to be able to represent.” A club like Arsenal is a dream come true.”

09.28 CET: Real Madrid have not received any offers for Marco Asensio this summer, Cadena SER reportsdespite interest from Newcastle and AC Milan.

Asensio, 26, has just one year left on his contract at Madrid and joined Jorge Mendes earlier this year to fill in for the agent in anticipation of a potential high-profile move this summer.

According to Cadena SER, Newcastle and Milan have not taken their interest beyond informal talks with Mendes and that means the most likely scenario is that Asensio – who had the best season of his career in terms of goals last year – scored 10 goals in LaLiga contributed — is looking at his contract at the Bernabeu.

08.43 CET: Manchester City want to strengthen Brighton & Hove Albion left-back Marc Cucurella how Oleksandr Zinchenko is on his way out of the club, according to The Sun.

Sources told ESPN’s James Olley on Friday that Arsenal are hoping to reach an agreement to sign Zinchenko from the Premier League champions. The Gunners have reignited their interest in the 25-year-old after missing out on the Ajax defender Lisandro Martinezwho has joined Manchester United.

Talks are ongoing with City expected to demand around £35million for Zinchenko, whose versatility is a key factor for Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta.

Therefore, City will prioritize using Cucurella as his replacement. The 23-year-old Spain international has made a huge impression in the Premier League after joining Brighton from Getafe last summer, making 39 appearances in all competitions and winning the club’s Player of the Year awards.

Brighton are expected to ask £50million for the La Masia academy graduate in Barcelona, ​​although City will hope to strike a deal for less than that.

08.00 CET: Manchester United cannot afford to rent Cristiano Ronaldo left the club this summer, according to former teammates nani.

Ronaldo is looking to move away from Old Trafford this summer, sources told ESPN earlier this month after United failed to qualify for the Champions League, despite Chelsea ruling out signing the 37-year-old.

Nani, who played with Ronaldo at United and on international duty at Portugal, said he hopes the striker stays at the club.

“I hope [he stays]said Nani, who signed for Melbourne Victory just in time to face his former club at the MCG on Friday. “He’s an important player and a player who always makes a difference. I hope he is in a good mood to help the club so hopefully [he’ll stay].”

Nani said he tried to get in touch with Ronaldo but was unable to reach the former teammate.

“When he’s on vacation, he doesn’t answer the phone with anyone,” Nani added. “I tried to talk to him but he said, ‘I’m so busy now, we’ll talk soon.'”

play

0:58

Ale Moreno jumps into the defense of Liverpool’s Darwin Nunez after the striker drew some criticism over the past week.

PAPER GOSSIP

– Juventus are considering a move for Paul Torres as a possible replacement for Matthijs de Ligtreveals Gianluca Di Marzio. With reports in Germany suggesting De Ligt is out for £80m Bianconeri are already working on their shortlist of replacements. It is understood that the 25-year-old Villarreal defender is the top priority for Massimiliano Allegri’s side, who are also interested in Arsenal’s Gabriel.

– Real Madrid legend and current free agent marcelo Lyon was offered, says Foot Mercato. While the Ligue 1 club are looking for a left-back this summer, the main obstacle in signing the 34-year-old seems to be his salary demands. The Brazil international earned €9m per season at the Santiago Bernabeu.

– Australia international Aaron Muoy will turn down a number of offers from the Championship to join Scottish champions Celtic, the telegraph. The 31-year-old midfielder is a free agent after joining Shanghai Port from Brighton & Hove Albion in 2020 and spending two seasons with the Chinese Super League side. Mooy is one of several Socceroos without a contract – including Tom Rogic and Massimo Luongo — trying to find a new club ahead of Australia’s participation in the World Cup in November.

– Liverpool centre-back Ben Davis will join Rangers, according to the Guardian. The 26-year-old has not made a competitive first-team appearance for Liverpool but a £4million offer has reportedly been accepted by the Reds. Davies joined Anfield from Preston North End in 2021 and spent last season on loan at Championship club Sheffield United.

– Marseille is interested in signing Ruben Blanco, reports foot Mercato. The 25-year-old made 25 appearances for Celta Vigo last season and the Ligue 1 club are keen to find strong competition for No. 1 goalkeeper Pau Lopez. A loan deal is currently being discussed, which would include an option to make the deal permanent.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4702614/transfer-talk-barcelona-to-offer-memphis-depay-as-makeweight-in-jules-kounde-deal LIVE Transfer Talk – Barcelona to offer Memphis Depay as makeweight in Jules Kounde deal

Emma Bowman

USTimesPost.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimespost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button