The summer transfer window is closed for the big leagues in Europe. But looking ahead to January, there are a lot of rumors circulating about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Bayern make Kane their #1 target
Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane is according to kicker the No. 1 transfer target of FC Bayern Munich.
Kane, 29, was looking to leave the club to join Manchester City in 2021 but Spurs’ £150million valuation was never matched. city signed Erling Haland from Borussia Dortmund for €60m in the last transfer window and Kane has looked happier under new coach Antonio Conte, despite his contract expiring in June 2024.
Bayern saw key strikers Robert Lewandowski joins Barcelona for €45m this summer and the German champions see Kane as the ideal long-term replacement.
However, the England international could sign a new deal at Spurs as he is chasing Alan Shearer’s Premier League goals record and needs a further 71 to reach the 260 total.
10.07 CET: Newcastle are busy today and The Times claim they are ready to make a third offer for the Leicester City midfielder JamesMadison.
Maddison, 25, was the subject of two offers of £40million and £45million in the summer, both of which were rejected. But the England midfielder could be pushing for a move in January now that Leicester are struggling at the bottom of the Premier League table.
09.52 CET: Newcastle United have reached an agreement in principle with Australian A-League club Central Coast Mariners Garang Kuolsays Sky Sports.
Kuol, 18, made his international debut for Australia against New Zealand on Sunday and has reportedly agreed a move to the Premier League in January.
The striker could be part of Australia’s squad at the 2022 World Cup, which would help him qualify for a UK work permit, although he may be loaned out immediately to gain more experience.
09:00 CET: Cristiano Ronaldo‘s mother has promised Sporting CP fans that either her son or her grandson Cristiano Jr. will play for the club in the near future.
During an event in Lisbon, Ronaldo’s mother, Dolores Aveiro, a big Sporting CP fan, said in quotes reported in Record: “If Cristiano Ronaldo doesn’t come [to Sporting], his son Cristianinho will come. It’s a promise. If it’s not this year, it will be next.”
Ronaldo, 37, started his playing career at Sporting before joining Manchester United in 2003, then joining Real Madrid and Juventus before returning to Old Trafford in 2021.
Dolores added that she has no doubt that her son will continue playing until he is 40. “He has the will and will work until he’s 40,” she said.
Cristianinho is 12 and plays for Man United youth teams.
Luis Figo played in zero gravity conditions to help set a world record for the tallest football game ever played.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)
– Juventus plan to cut their wage costs next summer, Gazzetta dello Sport report Adrian Rabiot, Juan Cuadradoand Angel of Mary are among the players who are expected to leave. Cuadrado, 34, made a permanent move to Juve from Chelsea in the summer of 2017, having previously been on loan.
Next on the list is Di Maria, who arrived from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer and only signed a one-year deal. Rabiot has been heavily linked with Manchester United over the summer and has missed the last three Serie A games through injury. Two other players are mentioned in the report, defenders Alex Sandro and goalkeeper Carlo Pinsoglio. Sandro joined from FC Porto in 2015 and since then has made 278 appearances for the Serie A club. Pinsoglio has made five appearances in his two tenures at Juventus and has been sent on various loans.
All five players have contracts that expire in 2023, so they will be available as free agents.
– With AS Roma coach Jose Mourinho interested in signing another centre-back, Calciomercato report it’s Ajax Jurrien wood is their No. 1 target. However, the Serie A club are likely to face competition from Bayern Munich and Manchester United and could struggle to meet Timber’s €30m transfer value. That Giallorossi also look at Eintracht Frankfurt Evan N’Dickawho is set to be a free transfer in the summer and has received interest from Juventus.
– As reported by Marca, Atletico Madrid continue negotiations with Barcelona Anton Griezmann, as they hope to sign the Frenchman permanently for €20-25m rather than the €40m clause in his loan deal, which is activated if he plays 45 minutes in half of his games. Atleti are also telling Griezmann to take another pay cut after already accepting a cut to join them again.
– Roma work with Bryan CristanteAs reported by Calciomercato, the Italy international’s agent is set to extend the Italy international’s contract beyond its current expiration in the summer of 2024, with his new contract set to last until 2027. Roma want to send a clear message to Juventus and AC Milan that the midfielder is unavailable.
– Fabian Delphi announced his retirement on Instagram. The midfielder played for Leeds United, Aston Villa, Manchester City and Everton and left the Toffees at the end of last season.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4755035/live-transfer-talk-bayern-make-tottenhams-kane-no-1-target LIVE Transfer Talk Bayern make Tottenham’s Kane No. 1 target