The results of the NATIONAL lottery are in and it’s time to find out who won a life-changing amount of money tonight (23rd August 2023).
Could today’s £5million jackpot see you handing in your resignation, flying to the Bahamas or driving a new Porsche from a garage forecourt?
You can find out by comparing your ticket to tonight’s numbers below. Good luck!
Today’s National Lottery winning numbers are: 13, 16, 23, 32, 37, 57 and that bonus ball Is 15
Today’s National Lottery Thunderball winning numbers are: 26, 27, 28, 35, 38 and that thunderball Is 04
The National Lottery’s first draw was held on November 19, 1994, with seven winners sharing a jackpot of £5,874,778.
The highest amount ever won by a single ticket holder was £42 million, won in 1996.
Gareth Bull, a 49-year-old property developer, won £41million in November 2020 and ended up demolishing his bungalow to make way for a luxury mansion with pool.
TOP 5 BIGGEST LOTTERY WINS WORLDWIDE
- £1.308 billion (Powerball) on January 13, 2016 in the US, for which three winning tickets were sold, remains the largest lottery prize in history
- A £1.267 billion (Mega Million) winner from South Carolina took time to come forward and claim his prize in March 2019, just before the April deadline
- £633.76 million (Powerball draw) from a Wisconsin winner
- £625.76 million (Powerball) Mavis L. Wanczyk of Chicopee, Massachusetts won the jackpot in August 2017
- £575.53 million (Powerball) A lucky winning couple hit the jackpot in Iowa and New York in October 2018
Sue Davies, 64, bought a lottery ticket to celebrate the end of the five-month lockdown during the pandemic – and won £500,000.
Sandra Devine, 36, accidentally won £300,000 – she was going to buy her usual £100 National Lottery scratch card but came home with a much bigger prize.
The biggest jackpot ever won was £66 million in January last year and was won by two lucky ticket holders.
Another winner, Karl, managed to rake in £11million in 1996 aged just 23.
The odds of winning the lottery are estimated at around one in 14 million – BUT you have to be there to win.