With just a month left until the January transfer window opens, there are plenty of rumors about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Man Utd approach Gakpo
Manchester United appear closer to a move for PSV Eindhoven and the Dutch winger Cody Gakpobut they will have to part with £75million to get their man.
This is reported by the French broadcaster Footmercato, which reports that his transfer fee increases with every appearance in Qatar.
Gakpo was valued at €45m in August, but that figure has almost doubled during his participation in the World Cup.
Gakpo impressed as the Netherlands progressed to the quarter-finals where they meet Argentina. The 23-year-old Dutchman has scored three goals in games against Senegal, Ecuador and Qatar and has impressed with a combination of dynamic pace and electric movement.
United boss Erik ten Haag is looking for offensive reinforcement after the departure Cristiano Ronaldoand he might make a move in January.
Other Premier League clubs are also said to have been interested, while Gakpo’s performances have since attracted clubs across Europe. Gakpo still has three years left on his existing contract.
– World Cup 2022: news and features | Schedule
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (USA)
– Morocco Star Sofian Amrabat is open to moving in January, according to Sky Sports Germany Florian Plettenberg. The 26-year-old defensive midfielder impressed again as Morocco beat Spain on penalties in the World Cup Round of 16 and his performances in Qatar have seen him attract interest from across Europe. Amrabat is currently under contract at Fiorentina until 2024 but Plettenberg suggests he could be tempted by a move in January.
– Real Madrid are looking at ways to strengthen their squad over the next 12 months and Pedro Porro and Endrick at the top of their short-term wanted list. That’s what Mundo Deportivo and Fabrizio Romano say. Mundo Deportivo report that the 23-year-old Porro, who can play anywhere on the right and currently plays for Sporting, is also wanted by Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur and Juventus. Just 16-year-old striker Endrick is on the verge of a move to Spain as official negotiations have started between Madrid and Palmeiras for a transfer fee of €60m including surcharges.
– Barcelona want to renegotiate a salary adjustment Frenkie deJong to attempt a contract extension and stave off renewed interest from Manchester United, reports Sport. Relations between the Catalan club and the 25-year-old Dutchman are strained after he deferred his salary during the pandemic. It means his salary increases with each season, which poses a problem for Barca’s tight budget. De Jong resisted the club’s calls to leave last summer and so work begins on an amended deal that would work for both parties. United are monitoring the situation and remain ready to pounce should negotiations falter.
– Jude Bellinghams His name hasn’t left the back pages since his brilliant performance for England against Iran on Matchday 1, but it’s clear that Real Madrid and Liverpool are frontrunners for his signature. AS suggest Bellingham would prefer a move to LaLiga over the Premier League but Los Blancos would have to part with 150 million euros to secure his services.
– There seems to be a question of when and not if Manchester United will sign the Swiss goalkeeper Jan summer. This is acc Florian Plettenberg, who believes United are eyeing a free transfer with Sommer entering the final year of his contract at Borussia Monchengladbach in the summer. The Red Devils can pre-sign the 33-year-old stopper from January and are looking for a long-term replacement for him David deGaa.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4827476/transfer-talk-man-united-close-in-on-75m-rated-gakpo Man United close in on £75m-rated Gakpo